“Off the beaten track an eye-opener”
Review of Vanuatu Ecotours

Vanuatu Ecotours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: You cannot get you closer to the indigenous people and nature of Vanuatu than with the country's undisputed experienced ecoman Pascal Guillet, owner - operator of Vanuatu Ecotours.He offers unique handcrafted, safe and personal walking, biking, river kayaking and waterfall tours throughout the archipelago in order for you to experience a way of life you only read about in National Geography.A extensive range of tours are available for families or professional trekkies at all fitness levels.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Pascal specialises in intimate trips to places around Vanuatu that other operators don't show you. I went on two afternoon trips with him - river kayaking and Lololima Falls. The falls were stunning - Pascal takes you up then under falls, into a stalagmite formed cave with bat covered roof, then over and trailing the river bed. It was like exploring the Amazon rainforest but without the killer animals and insects. Both trips ended with the obligatory rope swing into lagoon or river, followed by fruit buffet from Pascal's own garden. Safe yet exhilarating experience made them both magical days.

As with most of Vanuatu, reef shoes and waterproof camera are essential items (I had the shoes, but not the camera, and you will get very wet - Doh!). If you don't have the shoes Pascal has boxes of spares for you to try on, and even offers to take pictures for you.

You really feel that you're seeing things other tourists don't get a chance to, and Pascal is a brilliantly enthusiastic and knowledgable guide. Can't recommend highly enough.

1  Thank MikeBeales

Reviewed October 1, 2013

In a nutshell: Fantastic - Amazing - Breathtaking. Set on a private property on Efate, Lololima Waterfall is a majestic wonder of nature, which must be experienced while in Vanuatu. The only way to get there - with Pascal and Vanuatu Ecotours. We were greeted in the foyer of our hotel by a smiling Pascal. Quite unexpectedly, Pascal announced that we were the only guests for the day, which meant that my wife and I got the star-treatment of a private tour. Driving to the waterfall in the back of Pascal's ute, via the expansive views of the lookout over Port Vila, we were enriched with local knowledge by our second host - David. After a short walk through the rainforest, the foliage opened up to the waterfall itself - and what a sight. Having attempted to grasp the waterfall's glory on film, we waded through the pools to explore the limestone caves housing native bats, expertly informed by David. Then it was up the face of the waterfall itself, to experience nature's jacuzzi, where we relaxed, amid the torrent, for what seemed like hours - a truly glorious way to unwind. The remainder of our day was spent swimming in the pools, relaxing in the sun and simply soaking up what was a fantastic experience - mille fois merci Pascal & David.

1  Thank Anthony M
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I did the kayak tour. Picked up from our accommodation. Felt like these guys knew everyone in town, locals were waving at us and our guide as we drove to the launching site - An awesome garden on the riverbank. The kayaks are all near new and the paddling was really relaxed (my wife said her arms were pretty sore, would recommend the double kayaks if not very fit).

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I did the cycling tour. What can I say?! It was awesome. Pascal was very knowledagble, as was his local assistant. Highly recommended. Pascal will cater for all levels of fitness. So give it a try! Money will spent to see parts of Vanuatu that you cannot see by car or boat. Pascal even emailed us a picture from the day.
Thak you for such a great morning.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Took the unspoiled beaches tour (23km). Pascal is very interesting and solicitous. The beaches were beautiful, and would have liked to have seen more. The trip back through the cattle farm and then on the back roads back to the bus is rather uninspiring. Unfortunately my bike gave gearing problems before we even started on the tour, and pascal didn't seem to have any tools to adjust them. It did spoil my enjoyment somewhat to not be able to select the gears I wanted. Pascal did offer me his bike, but I declined as his frame looked big and I was already on a bigger bike frame than I usually ride. Suggestion-Ladies frame bikes. An enjoyable morning out.