“Pascal's amazing trek”
Review of Vanuatu Ecotours

Vanuatu Ecotours
More attraction details
Owner description: You cannot get you closer to the indigenous people and nature of Vanuatu than with the country's undisputed experienced ecoman Pascal Guillet, owner - operator of Vanuatu Ecotours.He offers unique handcrafted, safe and personal walking, biking, river kayaking and waterfall tours throughout the archipelago in order for you to experience a way of life you only read about in National Geography.A extensive range of tours are available for families or professional trekkies at all fitness levels.
Adelaide, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pascal's amazing trek”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We wanted to see some of the interior of Efate. Pascal and Henry certainly gave us that. Our walking tour took us along a river and into the mountains. Pascal's knowledge and friendly approach was great. The walk gave us a real appreciation of the landscape and we even got to meet some locals. Everything easy to organise by email beforehand. Don't miss this - it was a real highlight for us. Mark and Belinda, Adelaide, South Australia.

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Pascal & team - fantastic”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We visited Vanuatu in July, and had planned 3 days of activities with Pascal on the recommendation of a friend who had done a cycle tour with Pascal last year - I was told you MUST contact Pascal!

Our first day we were collected by Henry, and enjoyed a walk through the countryside, seeing the local communities, schools and meeting some of the very friendly people, especially the gorgeous children! My 12 & 14 year old were enthralled with everything - this was their first exposure to a community that is so self sufficient, and they saw you don't need to be plugged into technology perpetually to be happy! Henry was fantastic with the children, and told us about all the plants we walked past, we sampled many local fruits, and had a swim at a beautiful beach too. This was a fantastic day.

Pascal & Henry collected us for day 2 - river kayaking - although it was a bit drizzly, we had a great day - the children shared a kayak each with Henry & Pascal, which was a highlight for them, to be with the leaders, hearing all the stories & observations on the surroundings. After the kayaking, we all shared local fruit (the grapefruit are delicious, nothing like sour Australian grapefruit!), and swung off the rope into the river. Pascal is a wonderful host, making sure everyone was well looked after & enjoyed their experience.

Day 3, we had the joy of going to see the Lololima Waterfalls, which are tucked away in a pristine environment - it is hard to believe that such a tranquil & unspoilt environment exists. We swam in the waterfalls, walked up the river, and the kids thoroughly enjoyed jumping off the rope into the pools. Again, Pascal made sure that we were all taking in the environment, answered our questions and was very helpful, as was Henry (who also did some spectacular jumps into the pools!). It was with heavy hearts we said goodbye to Pascal & Henry, and we are definitely planning another trip to Vanuatu.

If you are a family that enjoys being outdoors, doing exercise and look for an authentic experience, then we highly recommend you contact Pascal, if planning a trip. Pascal is also very flexible, and he suggested an itinerary to me, as I wasn't sure what to do - something big operators would not do for you. I was not particularly fit when we did our holiday, and managed the activities easily - it really is manageable. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did :-)

Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Where my kayaking journey all began!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I travelled to Vanuatu with my wife and cousin in October 2010. I accidentally found Pascal's video on Youtube today, and it reminded me of my beautiful kayaking experience with Pascal almost three years ago.
We stayed at Grand Hotel in Port Vila. I found Ecotour leaflet at the tour desk at the hotel lobby and booked for a kayak tour. I had not had any kakaking experience and always dreamt of paddling in a remote beautiful island.
Pascal picked us up at the hotel and took us to a resort, which was not operating at the time from my memory. We took two tendem kayak for the tour. We paddled through shallow beautiful clear waterway then through choppy water (it was a windy day). I had no kayaking experience so I was a bit nervous but we managed ok with Pascal's assistance. Then we paddled along the river (I cannot remember the name of river) and saw beautiful little birds, trees and plants. We paddled all the way to the end of waterway and Pascal served homemade lemon tea for us. We then paddled back to the resort where we began the tour. The tour was for anyone who is willing to appreciate the beautiful nature on the water. You do not need any paddling experience and to be super fit.
Pascal was a great tour guide who guided us throughout the tour well and explained about the surroundings. I fell in love with kayak and bought a kayak when I returned home! I paddle regularly now. I was so glad to see our tour guide Pascal on Youtube after three years! I guess he is still doing a great job to many tourists visiting Vanuatu!
We will definitely take one of his tour programs again when we return to Vanuatu. It was such a great memory I can never forget!

Visited October 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Natural Efate - river kayak”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Recently we spent a pleasant couple of hours with Pascal and team on one of the local rivers. It is a low impact excursion and no special kayak skills are required, it is a gentle paddle with rest breaks to suit. Children are easily accommodated with life jackets available. Attention is paid to safety and comfort, the seating is adjusted for your height.
Along the way information is provided about the local river side communities, plants & animal life. After the journey, light refreshments of local fruits are provided in a peaceful garden setting.
Pascal provided door-to-door service that was especially appreciated. We enjoyed the river at high tide that I recommend, if you can choose your timing.

Visited August 2013
“Perfect for P&O cruisers.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My friend and I have just returned from a P&O cruise, with which we had a day to spend in Port Vila. The morning kayak tour was timed perfectly and Pascal the operator was only too happy to accommodate us, picking us up at the ship and leaving us plenty of time for shopping afterwards. The kayaking was AMAZING, and never did we as 2 lone females ever feel unsafe. I can't recommend Pascal and Henry at Vanuatu Eco Tours highly enough! THANKYOU both so much for an experience we will never forget!