Book In Advance

from $27.19
More Info
from $85.88
More Info
All reviews mele cascades day tour city tour local village real highlight local guide great guide booked this tour pele company ronald driver island vanuatu swim siesta falls
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Used evergreen for airport transfers and they were reliable. Also used them to visit Mele Falls and 3 in one day tour. Local guide Loulou was knowledge and added local insights into the local area and customs and his English was excellent

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

Waiting for “express” shuttle at airport for over an hour and still waiting to leave to hitel which is under 20 mins away. 14 people waiting for this long include a clearly pregnant lady and 5 children all under age of 7. Watch two other shuttle load up and leave in the same time we have been waiting. Worst shuttle bus experience ever and I am taking into consideration ‘island time’. Don’t bother.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

I don’t often write reviews but feel I must following my half day “Taste of Vanuatu” tour with Evergreen.

First, my tour was moved from the afternoon to the morning and I had to move other activities around to accommodate the change. Next, my pickup was 70 minutes late with no explanation or apology. The driver took me straight to the coffee farm - the advertised market stop was skipped - and handed me over to my guide, who took it upon himself to touch me (a woman travelling alone) twice around the upper arms and shoulders. After I politely asked him not to do it again, he was cold and unfriendly for the rest of the tour. He didn’t apologise either.

After the coffee farm, which is a tourist trap with very little information given, I met the other people on the tour. One lady mentioned that she had booked a Port Vila city tour and was surprised by what she was actually receiving. We then took a drive through a local village without stopping, visited the cascades and finally the kava house. The individual attractions were quite good, particularly the kava house (hence the two star rating), but our guide did next to nothing to earn that title and was more interested in playing pool with his mates at the cascades than giving us information. We learnt nothing about traditional farming methods or sustainability, as promised in the brochure. I wouldn’t be surprised if the company actually runs fewer tours than advertised and puts unsuspecting tourists on the same small number of tours that visit mostly the same attractions.

Due to the late start and lack of information, we ended up running over an hour late. I had to practically beg the guide to drop me off at my afternoon activity nearby, which was about to start. He then refused to drive me all the way there and if we hadn’t met another tour bus on its way there, I think I’d have missed my pre-booked activity.

I should point out that I ended up receiving a substantial discount for the tour, but that was solely due to the actions of the superb staff at my resort. They mentioned that I wasn’t the only guest who’d complained about Evergreen. I certainly can’t recommend it. All the attractions we visited can be done under your own steam and the tour company added virtually nothing to the experience.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed July 21, 2018

We did the Mele cascades tour. Ronald was a great guide, and very informative with our children who loved his little bush hacks. The cascades were lovely (water is fresh in July!) and it was cool heading through Mele village on the way back to town.

The only annoyance was poor disorganisation for pick up. Our instructions were that we would be picked up at the Iririki Jetty. I emailed the day before to confirm that they would pick us up at the jetty and was told, yes, that's where we will pick you up.

We waited, and waited, but no one showed up. After 25 minutes, I went to the resort lobby and called Evergreen, and they said, "the bus is waiting for you on the other side". We caught the Iririki boat over where Ronald the guide asked where we had been, I informed him we had been at the jetty - apparently the Evergreen people go to a jetty on the other side of the island (the one that no one uses, for anything...). Why it was assumed we would wait there, when Iririki has a main, busy jetty which was the only one we had ever used? Why didn't Evergreen take some responsibility and call the lobby when we weren't at the rendevous point? It was annoying and I felt bad as all the our people on the bus had been waiting 30 minutes for us - while we were waiting for Evergreen!

Ronald then asked me for my vouchers - which I didn't have as there were *no* instructions to take them. I was getting pretty grumpy at this stage.

So, the tour was good, but confirm your pick up points and be really specific. Evergreen need to be more organised in this regard.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 5, 2018

This is well done and very relaxing with evergreen. Welcome from chief of the day. Tour of the village then snorkeling. My husband and I did not go snorkeling but stayed back and went kayaking close by. We got to go out on a kayak that you could see through. It was very neat fun. Then we were provided lunch as part of the tour. After that it was siesta time or swim. The others in the tour decided to have a go on the kayak as well.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 13, 2018

Our resort kindly booked this tour of the magnificent Mele Cascades for us and we were certainly not disappointed. We were the only couple on this particular morning and the attention to us was outstanding. Ronald was a complete gentleman advising and assisting us over the sometimes rugged and slippery areas in ensuring our safety and guiding us on the best photo opportunities. A truly memorable experience.

Date of experience: May 2018