“Authentic Japanese”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Ordered a Sushi and Sashimi dishes. Really authentic Japanese taste and nice staff.
It is not a cheap restaurant but definitely worth the price!
You can seat outside and have a view of the bay, wonderful during the sunset.
Recommended!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Fantastic prices and excellent quality food, make sure you have the Sake as well. We have occasionally had the wrong meals brought out but this is always promptly fixed which is the main thing!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My two daughters and I visited Kanpai on recommendation from a friend.
The food is very good and great value we felt, as we found ourselves surprised by the prices of food throughout Port Vila during our first visit to Vanuatu.
The carafe of white wine was OK but not great.
Having had a nice meal we came to pay but unfortunately my Visa card did not process. The gentleman trying to process the payment didn't tell me what was happening and just disappeared for what seemed ages with my credit card! The waitress who had served us did not let us know what was happening either. Eventually the man reappeared and mumbled something about the card not working and gave it back to me.
Luckily there has been no unauthorised activity on the card, but these actions did cause me some concern at the time.
The waitress was happy to call our taxi for us when we had finished, and I would recommend this if you are eating ion the evening as it is in quite an industrial-feeling area of the town.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The lunch box special here is fantastic and very good value. My husband had some stir fried noodles which were a bit average. Overall a good choice if you chose carefully

1  Thank Albiville4
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This appears to be the only Japanese restaurant in Port Vila. The food was good without being outstanding. The best thing was the grilled poulet fish which was very tasty. Other dishes were ok without being exciting. It seems the view would be good in the day time but a night it was not obvious. We thought it was overpriced for basic Japanese.