“Cute Little Island”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Cute Little Island”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I pre-paid for our day at Hideaway which included the snorkeling, glass bottom boat ride and a barbecue lunch. I'd recommend booking ahead as I think we got a better deal with everything included. If you have reef walkers take them, or buy them beforehand as the coral is sharp. Some reviews have complained about this - but seeing as you come here for snorkeling and it's what attracts the fish... then you really have to expect it! The snorkeling was great, so many beautiful fish. The barbecue lunch turned out to be a set menu and not a barbecue at all (we had pasta!) The glass bottom boat is teeny tiny and nothing flash but I had a wonderful time feeding the fish. A great day out.

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Palm Beach, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great for snorkeling”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great spot to spend they day. My children loved the snorkeling here, more fish to see. My daughter spent most of the day in water snorkeling and feeding fish, I had to remind her to come out to eat lunch and have something to drink.

Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Bit disappointed ..”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

It's a pretty island to visit but I was a little disappointed ...They charge you a $15.00 fee to enter the island ..the water clear and clean ..But it's a island of mostly dead coral ..No sandy beach , I steed dead coral that hurt your feet when you walk on it ..
You have to walk down about 6 steps to get to the water ..Be very careful has they are very slippery and I fell and hurt my foot quite badly .
Underwater post office a waste of time , dam fish just wanted to eat me .Not much underwater activity at all.

Visited January 2014
Bli Bli, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Lovely location”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Great location close to Port Villa. We preferred to go on a day when there was no cruise ship in town. Make sure that you only pay 150 Vatu per person in a bus to go back and forward from Port Vila (maybe slightly more if you are staying on the other side of Vila). We heard of people paying $10 each to get there. Be prepared to walk away and get another bus. We were always called back or got the very next bus. They are everywhere and very convenient. We used the underwater postbox and purchased the post cards cheaply at the Port Vila post office. Take some bread and feed the fish. Our family loved it. One of our best days in Vila

Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Take your own snorkel gear!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Planned to spend the whole day snorkeling and enjoying the island, however, we left quite disappointed when told we couldn't hire any snorkeling gear because they didn't have enough for everyone and that we would have to wait until 2pm when hopefully some of the hire gear would have been returned. It's a big tourist destination known for its snorkeling so we thought this was quite poorly handled.

Were given a free ride on the glass-bottomed boat to fill in some time which was appreciated but it wasn't what we had visited the Island for. We were fortunate that another couple gave us their own personal equipment to borrow whilst they had lunch so we did get to hit the water for a short time in the end and what we saw was beautiful, although most of the coral close to shore is dead.

Food at the Island bar was delicious and both food and drinks are the cheapest we saw anywhere in Vanuatu!

Visited December 2013