“A fantastic day and chance to visit somewhere you could not on your own.”

Lelepa Island Day Tour
Ranked #6 of 68 Tours in Port Vila
More attraction details
Owner description: We operate a day trip to Lelepa Island. We pick up our guest from their resort in Port Vila and we drive 30 minutes to Havana Harbor, then board our boats ride for 15 minutes to Lelepa Island. We provide snorkeling on our marine conservation, visit World war 2 relics, visit historical cave, relax on our beautiful beach, meet our local people and see how we live on the islands, and enjoy a delicious beach BBQ lunch. We pick you up from your resort from 8:00am and we return at 4:30 - 5:00pm. We operate everyday except Saturday.Cruise ship passengers are welcomed too. We arrange special timing for you if your ship is leaving at 5:00pm.
Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A fantastic day and chance to visit somewhere you could not on your own.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We did this tour for the day on our recent trip to Vanuatu. Fiona was our guide however we also met Albert. Fiona was very witty and informative and we thoroughly enjoyed our day. It was a bit different than a normal tour and more personal. iGreat snorkelling ( 2 spots both great) which was fantastic, a cave walk, lovely lunch on the beach and a visit to the village on the island. I would also like to thank a lady named Maree ( don't know if I spelt her name correctly) who made baskets in the village . I bought a couple from her and she was lovely to talk to and I wish I could have spent more time talking to her. I met her grandson and she told me about the island and seemed very interested to hear where I was from as she told me that she really has not been anywhere but her home. I really encourage anyone who goes on this great tour to buy something from the ladies in the village as it is their income and many don't get off the island at all or very rarely. Take time for a chat with the ladies as they are very interesting to talk to. The tour was also great because it was a smallish group in 2 of the vanuatu stye runabouts. Therefore it was more informative and personal which is fantastic. One thing I would do next time is bring more water as we did not have enough. Take plenty with you. Water is supplied however it runs low towards the end of the day. I highly recommend this trip to Lelepa Island.

2 Thank Easter3

Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Limited amount of people so not too many on island.Take own snorkelling gear as theirs is not the best but the island has the best places to swim and snorkel.Take bags of lollies for village children and get ready for their big smiles. Highly recommend this tour

3 Thank Johnzymum
Canberra, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Must Do !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

It rained most of the day on our Lelepa Island Tour - you would think that would mean a terrible day, but no. We had an awesome time in spite of the rain. Albert managed our booking very professionally by email, and our guides for the day were really helpful - even making a special lunch for our vegetarian daughter. Travel from Port Vila to the boat was a bit snug and no aircon, and there was a bit of a wait for the boat, but this tour was definitely worth the money. The snorkelling was great off the beach, but was TOTALLY AWESOME off the boat in the afternoon ! SO MANY FISH ! BBQ lunch was yum and it was nice to be able to meet the local villagers on the island. The tour of the cave was also really cool. Do this tour ! and make sure you buy some small trinkets from the locals to support their village. Thanks Albert and Team, would definitely do this again :)

4 Thank Vikusjoyus
Sydney, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Did this tour with a group of friends and the six of us had a fantastic day. Highlight would be both snorkelling opportunities - absolutely recommend the second snorkel off the boat - AMAZING!

Reasonable cost given it was an all inclusive day. Would have liked more drinks though. Maybe a bottle of water each? It was a hot day and no shelter on the boat!

Don't go in the cave!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank abigail0212
Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“High quality snorkeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

The island tour was recommended to us, and was indeed very good. Our guide was Aaron for the day and he was informative and amusing.

The snorkeling was as good as I have seen. Certainly better than hideaway island or paradise cove. Comparable to some of the best parts of the whitsunday islands.

If you don't like snorkeling, the beaches are pretty nice, the cave is ok and it's interesting to see the village life. But I think to get maximum enjoyment out of this tour you should be happy to snorkel for an hour or two.

It's nice that all the proceeds of the tour go to the villagers on the island.

2 Thank Juan4545