“Disappointing”

Lotus Day Spa & Cafe
More attraction details
Owner description: The Lotus Day Spa & Cafe is a body, mind and soul experience. From the moment you step through the large Ancient Balinese timber doors you will be welcomed by flowing aromas, professional staff and an ambience that exudes serenity and relaxation. The 6 serene treatment rooms, hair salon and nail creations large tranquility area will greet you with temptation, comfort and style. At the Lotus Cafe you will enjoy Vanuatu's only health food restaurant with all natural, organic and locally produced food, amazing smoothies, beverages and FREE Hi Speed Wifi as well as retail therapy featuring a large number of local & overseas products in beauty, health & fashion.
Wellington, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Quoted a fixed price for five of us over the phone then owner, Margie refused to honour it upon payment. Spoilt what was otherwise a very good job done by her masseuses. Not impressed!

Visited March 2013

Lawson, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Magic Hands, Relaxing Atmosphere”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Should you find yourself in Vanuatu with a couple of hours to spare, might I suggest you surrender yourself to the gentle & soothing skills of this peaceful haven. I had a 2 hour therapy session with the senior massage therapist and was absolutely thrilled by the result. Having had chronic lower back pain for over 20 years, it was a miracle to get up from the table and be pain free for the first time. The Spa was advertised at our resort, Paradise Cover & was recommended by everyone we spoke to. So, it was a definite destination. Escaping from a tropical storm, we walked up the hill and immersed ourselves in the relaxing ambiance. The tea and fruit plate at the completion of the treatment was a perfect ending to a perfect afternoon.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Cath D
Nowra, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Lovely couples package”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We booked a couples package which included a foot scrub, massage and facial. It was a lovely afternoon spent being pampered. We were given a friendly welcome by Margie and the staff checked that the pressure was okay for the massage. I look forward to returning to Port Vila and booking another massage at the Lotus Day Spa.

Visited January 2013
Brisbane
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best massage in years”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Spent a very relaxing afternoon here. Unlike some of the massage places back home, the staff here know that a good massage doesn't necessarily mean trying to turn you into a pretzel. Also, I went in for a foot-rub, and received a neck and shoulder massage in the deal. Definitely recommended.

Visited January 2013
australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Our second visit to lotus Day Spa”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My mum and I were visiting Port Vila for the second time this year; one of our main reasons for a return visit was to visit Margie, Sue and Jeanie at Lotus once again!
I had previously written a review on my first visit to Lotus in October 2012. I felt a urgency to write another after my December visit, to continue to 'spread the word' for such a worthy business.
From the moment we stepped onto the veranda we were welcomed with kisses and our very dear Sue and Margie came out to greet us. It was like returning; to my perspective of what 'Nirvana' may be likened to!
We had booked in for a Deluxe Pedicure escape, specifically selecting Valerie one of the senior therapists who has 'magic hands' and my mum would only have as her therapist. Unfortunately we could not share, so I was happily placed with Nora, whom did an equally beautiful treatment.
It is not only about the treatment menu of services available at Lotus; it is the people, the warmth, the sincerity and the overall ambiance that is so warm, settling, calming - a sense of 'Namaste' overwhelms your senses and you become reluctant to depart.
I noticed this so much more upon this second return. I was grateful for having made the effort to return again; even though this time we were staying at an out of town large resort which had it's own reputable day spa on premises. I was regretful I did not come back to Lotus for more than the one visit.
A significant asset which is again so worthy of mentioning; and that is the caliber of food served at the cafe run by Sue and a team of genuinely lovely Vanuatian women. Every small detail is perfection. The presentation, the aroma; and the sensory pleasure of taste of Sue's food is a gastrointestinal orgasm'! no exaggerations considered! We shared sweets and tea; these small delectable slices were exquisite; some of the simplest, yet tastiest food we had eaten whilst in Vanuatu. I would highly recommend visiting just to share Sue's tasting platter and indulge in a sweet indulgence afterwards. A simple pleasure so worthy of the walk up from town. Conversations with Margie are always so rich and every beauty treatment offered is worthy of exploration. We look forward to returning in early 2013.

Visited December 2012