“Gorgeous setting and excellent food”

Vila Chaumieres Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 89 Restaurants in Port Vila
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Wellington
“Gorgeous setting and excellent food”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed at the accommodation and ate a few meals at the restaurant during our stay. The food was always excellent. The seafood I had for lunch one day was the best meal I ate during our Vanuatu holiday..wonderful delicate flavours! The wine choices were also great. Then there is the gorgeous setting right over the water, so close you can watch the fish swimming below your feet. Loved it!

Visited August 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Magnificent seafood platter”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We had a fabulous long lunch last Sunday. My husband had the Fisherman's platter as pictured above and it was wonderful. My friend and I had the lobster and it was great followed by a pawpaw and cointreau souffle. All this was washed down with a few lovely bottles of French white in a sublime setting. I enjoyed the meal so much that I went back on my own to have the Fisherman's platter before getting on the plane to come home.

It is really disappointing to read critical comments regarding the lack of availability of coconut crab. I think it is commendable and responsible that the restaurant respects the restrictions put in place to ensure sustainability of the coconut crab. This is a difficult decision for many locals as the crab is a significant source of income.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Verity H
Auckland
“lovely setting”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Loved having dinner outside while watching fish and crabs in the water below from our table .quaint setting. Very peaceful with lovely views out over water. Good selection of food and drink.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank KeriAuckland
Gold Coast, Australia
“Not happy”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Wow what a difference a year makes. Went to this restaurant 12 months ago and couldn't fault it and we went back again. Talked this place up in my last review. Well sadly there is nothing to rave about. The Chicken stuffed with mango had no mango and was so dry couldn't eat it. Also my friend had the lobster and I think he's still chewing it, bloody terrible. Will never go back again and we come to Vila every year

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seriously Disappointed”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We are a party of five adults and one child and one member decided she wanted to try their "specialty" Coconut Crab. (We have since found out most restaurants do not serve it now due to its seriously depleted numbers) We walked in to a beautiful restaurant overlooking a floodlit lagoon with lots of marine life. First thing as soon as we were seated we were told there was NO coconut crab. We decided to stay anyway. We ordered our dishes and every single one was ordinary. The Seafood pasta had absolutely no chilli in it, the Pork and the Beef Wellington were overcooked and tough, the curry had a disgusting flavour. The service staff were as if they wanted to be somewhere else. We complained to the management who did not seem to care and just shrugged their shoulders. We then went to pay the bill and they wanted a 5% premium to pay by debit card. The only restaurant we had found in a week that did this. When we got online to write this review we read the last few. which confirmed our experience. We should have read them before we went!!!! From now on any restaurant we will check first.

• Visited June 2014