“Not good enough for that price”

Vila Chaumieres Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 89 Restaurants in Port Vila
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Milan, Italy
“Not good enough for that price”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We had very high expectations but even if the setting is very nice we were a bit disppointed. The service is really too slow and the food on the avarage and it doesn t justify the price at all. They didnt even want to call us a taxi but they suggest us to go on the street. Definetely overrated

• Visited May 2014

Brisbane, Australia
“Food that will leave your taste buds wanting more!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I am a big fan of seafood and was looking forward to eating here. My expectations were fulfilled when the first meal was bought out to me, the Lobster Salad. The portions of the lobster were very decent. I ate this well prepared meal over looking the sunset.

The Seafood Pasta I had the following night was amazing, all parts of the seafood were fresh and you could tell this when it first hit your tongue. The side salad I had with this was a nice balance.

The prawns I had on the last night were fresh and in large portion. I have never had so many prawns served up to me that felt like a full meal, no need for desert that night.

The wedges were for lunch, a very nice portion served up with two sauces.

My girlfriend had the Beef Wellington and Scotch Fillet and thought they were well cooked and well presented.

• Visited April 2014
Darwin, Australia
“A little inconsistent”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Having eaten here previously were keen to experience it again and our entree of seafood crepe showed us we werent wrong in choice. It was quite a large serving and my travel companion had seafood bouillabaisse which was also wonderful.
The main meal however didnt follow the standard - i had the pork which ended up being a pork chop - cut quite thinly - and some rather tasty sauce - but it was considerably overcooked and the vegetables had so much garlic through them - i wasnt able to eat them at all.. so overall disappointed but if you only want a smaller meal - then can certainly guarantee the seafood crepe!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank SDDarwin
Sydney, Australia
“A MUST visit when in Vila”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

AN absolutely stunning surprise to find this quaint restaurant/resort....(no kids alllowed at resort...hoorah)..THE Coconut Garlic Crab was GORGEOUS, as was the Museells & Pate .......and nice cold local beer.....THE service was a little slow, but that was because about 14 of us turned up u nannounced.......the delay was to be expected, and didnt concern my personally at all.....sitting above the water made it feel so serene.......a beautiful place to eat...

• Visited April 2014
Varsity Lakes, Australia
“Lousy lobster”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The lobster entree eventually arrived. The legs were so flexible they would not snap and the stuff inside was rubbery and totally inedible. Was certainly not fresh. Well short of the standard expected. The rest of the meal was acceptable, expensive and not memorable.

• Visited April 2013