The beautiful scenery that The Havannah is set in, makes this one very special place to stay. It is peaceful and idyllic is an understatement. We upgraded to Villa no 6 with its own access to the pool and more stunning views. Sunsets are guaranteed and can be equally enjoyed on the catamaran every evening if you should choose to do so. We did this twice and were not disappointed.
The staff in the restaurant are extremely friendly and do their level best to try and please. If things do go wrong, Frederick the manager, will try to rectify things quickly. He is very efficient and takes his role at the Resort seriously.
There are though one or two things to take into consideration:
When we arrived, we had quite a wait before we were taken to our room and we were not given extensive information- most of this was gleaned from other guests at a later stage
We upgraded so were disappointed to find that the air conditioning was noisier than our first Villa- this can be annoying during the night. (The air con. In the first Villa was much much quieter)
The first three days eating in the restaurant was first class but seemed not to be 100% by mid week with the kitchen staff getting a number of things wrong. Food is not always hot unless you specify.
Breakfast 'pastries' are sometimes dried out and the toast somewhat 'chunky' to say the least.
Beds are prepared every evening but again by mid week, the little person made from the bath towels which greeted us for three nights was not there from Thursday.
The restaurant was not busy and there were one or two occasions when there was a delay with our food and others were served well ahead of us arriving and ordering.
Take snacks because there are none to purchase and handy to have at some point during the day.
Would we come again? Yes if we were able to because it makes such a pleasant change to go somewhere where people can be trusted who are not only polite but very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Havannah is Vanuatu's adult only luxury retreat for couples. Located just 30 minutes drive from the International Airport the Havannah overlooks the pristine waters of Havannah Harbour on the northern side of the main island of Efate. The tranquility of the resort makes it an ideal place to unwind and rediscover yourself and each other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Havannah, Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Havannah Hotel Port Vila
- The Havannah, Vanuatu Port Vila