“Fantastic”
Review of Nautilus Scuba

Nautilus Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Nautilus Watersports is the best known dive operator in Port Vila and has established itself as one of the most professional scuba diving centres in the South Pacific with over 30 years in operation.Facilities include a large training pool, gear washing and storage areas, equipment hire and servicing facilities for all your scuba diving needs. We dive from a very comfortable purpose built dive boat "COWRIE" We go out of our way to make sure you have the best possible experience right from when we pick you up from your resort. Nautilus Watersports specialises in all facets of scuba diving from introductory dive tours through to a full PADI course (Open water, Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster). Each dive is different to the last with coral reef drop offs, amazing fish life, a huge cavern, night diving and wrecks. You can even dive a sunken flying boat!Why not join us and "Dive in Paradise"
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The whole experience was great, from the expeiriance and knowledgable crew all the way down to the sights magnificent

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Had a fantastic couple of dives with my wife and son with Nautilus - recommend them thoroughly. Not only did my 7 year old, who is a mad LOTR fan, get to meet a stuntman who had worked on set as an orc (he's one of the staff) but I will never forget the experience of watching him wave down at us as we hung off the 5m bar for our safety stop. Felt completely reassured that the staff would look after him as we dived. Meanwhile, we undertook our first wreck dive (on the Konanda), which was a really easy way to break the mould - thanks for a great time.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We'll done Nautilis team, very safe, well equipped . Dive from back of boat but needed a buddy check. Vis awesome at 15 meters 45 feet . Did konanda and wreck reef five. Spectacular reef and heaps of tropical fish.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

From someone who found the idea of breathing underwater (in open water especially!) very confronting and a challenging concept to comprehend, I cannot recommend Nautilus any higher! Our experience was wonderful!

Although being first timers we chose to do 2 dives (on the day they were the "Star of Russia" and Konanda Reef) to attempt to experience as much as possible. From a first timer, I would recommend this as you spend the first dive thinking a lot about the technicalities of what you've just been taught, more so than enjoying your surroundings.

Aussie owner Pete was very pleasant and friendly, while at the same time a bit of a trickster, which we enjoyed. Kiwi dive instructor Max handled us first timers very well. We appreciated him finding some cool sea creatures for us to play with/touch - which included some cheeky clown fish who danced with us inches from our face!!! Not something experienced divers would get excited about, but at the depth we could go to and the sea life around that day, we LOVED it!

To top off the morning, on the way back to shore I received a lovely HAPPY BIRTHDAY greeting with a slice of delicious homemade cake and candles which was very very sweet!

Only down side was very bad blisters on my toes from the fins I used... My advice to try to avoid this would be to either tape up your toes really well, or take your own fins. Or one guy had a pair of socks!

I would definitely dive with Nautilus again, hopefully one day with my open water cert so i can experience some of the deeper beauties :)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We enjoyed the dive experience with Nautilus Scuba. The boarding process, registration confirmation, boat facilities walk-through, and dive information sessions were just perfect. The location for the dive was very good, the time allocated for the dive and the guidance and supervision of the dive leader were great. The only issues were that we had no time allowed to perform a standard buddy check of the equipment before the dive; basically we were provided the equipment when seating ready to be dropped in the water. I would have preferred that my buddy and I would have been provided the equipment (mainly the buoyancy vest; regulators and cylinder) with enough time to allow us to perform standard buddy checks to confirm equipment configuration, fitting and operation. We were not allowed time or place to do that. I am sure Nautilus Scuba perform equipment checks, but it is always customary to allow for buddy checks specially as the equipment was not previously used by the divers (hired equipment) and it's critical to ensure divers are comfortable with the equipment operation before the dive. For example, I was provided a weight belt without asking me what weight I would normally dive with ... and when I was in the water I discovered the weights were not heavy enough for me and had to stop the dive, return to the boat and ask for additional weights (and again I was just provided another piece without even asking me how much weight I needed). I think this spoiled the great experienced I had with Nautilus Scuba up to that point; safety of the divers is critical and I did not feel Nautilus Scuba put enough focus on providing the divers with a totally safe environment. If these items are addressed; I am sure they could provide an excellent level of service and experience.