“Professional yet fun establishment”
Review of Nautilus Scuba

Nautilus Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Nautilus Watersports is the best known dive operator in Port Vila and has established itself as one of the most professional scuba diving centres in the South Pacific with over 30 years in operation.Facilities include a large training pool, gear washing and storage areas, equipment hire and servicing facilities for all your scuba diving needs. We dive from a very comfortable purpose built dive boat "COWRIE" We go out of our way to make sure you have the best possible experience right from when we pick you up from your resort. Nautilus Watersports specialises in all facets of scuba diving from introductory dive tours through to a full PADI course (Open water, Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster). Each dive is different to the last with coral reef drop offs, amazing fish life, a huge cavern, night diving and wrecks. You can even dive a sunken flying boat!Why not join us and "Dive in Paradise"
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I decided to complete my Open Water Course here, and was so pleased with how everything went that I decided to complete my Advanced Open Water Course as well. All the diving instructors and boat stuff were friendly, professional and heaps of fun! My diving experiences here were incredible and there is a large variety of amazing dive sites.

All the equipment was in fantastic condition, and I felt very safe throughout all my dives- which is a huge relief after hearing some pretty shocking things about one of the other dive establishments in Efate and that their gear regularly malfunctions!

The price was incredibly fair, with no compromise on service or quality.

I must say, an additional perk was the fresh and tasty cakes and fruit provided as morning and afternoon tea!

I would highly recommend Nautilus Scuba!!!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Before I left to go to Port Vila, I asked around a few of my diving friends, and they all said to dive with Nautilus Scuba, so I did. I was not let down. All the staff were fantastic and friendly. Nothing was to much trouble, and before I even flew in, they had sent me a list of there dive sites, and asked me if there were any sites in particular, I would like to dive. I dived all the ones I asked for and more. It is very easy to get on and off there dive boat, and the staff are all there to help you get your gear on and enter the water and the same to get out. They also have some basic accommodation, which makes for a cheaper dive holiday. I was impressed with my experience and will be back again hopefully in October this year

2  Thank Alistar R
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Returning to Vila and Nautilus was like rekindling a lost friendship. Having completed an advance open water and deep diver speciality there a number of years ago, it was time to do the wreck diver speciality on the wrecks around Vila. Diving in Vila on the wrecks and reefs was once again a great experience with great vis, great intructors and great weather. This trip we identified nudibranchs that we have never seen and were treated to schools of bat fish, eels, reef sharks to name a few.The coffee and home made cake between the 2 morning dives is worth getting wet for.

1  Thank holidaysplus
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We choose Nautilus based on reviews & were glad we did. We completed 8 dives with them over 4 days including a night dive, our first night dive ever. We have had the option of night dives in the past in places such as Fiji, but never felt confident enough in the dive company to do it. The owners were great, full of info & very flexible, organising so we could dive as many sights as possible. We had our own gear which they stored for us & helped us get it to & from the hotel. Dive Masters/Dive Instructors (Sean, Ryan & Colin) were very professional, safe & fun, great diving with these guys, no need to navigate just enjoy the dive. The skipper, Jim was an absolute pearl! I have severe arthritis Jim helped me in & out of the water (so did the DMs), he even changed my tanks over because he could see I struggled (sorry Jim, for thinking you were joking!). Thank you guys! The dive boat itself if about perfect, just what is needed as a dive platform and they serve home cooked cake & fresh fruit between dives. We can't wait to bring our daughter & her boyfriend over with us to repeat the experience. Thanks heaps:-)

Reviewed April 20, 2013

It's been thirty one years since I last dived in Port Villa. I had heard a lot about Nautilus Scuba before I returned and all the reports were true. The equipment was in first order. The crew, including divemasters (Damo and Alexa) and the skippers, well trained, friendly and helpful. The dive trips left on time and I was deposited at the dive site with a minimum of fuss. I'll be returning soon with friends and family for more dives. Trev

1  Thank Trevor K