“PADI Open Water” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nautilus Scuba

Nautilus Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Nautilus Watersports is the best known dive operator in Port Vila and has established itself as one of the most professional scuba diving centres in the South Pacific with over 30 years in operation.Facilities include a large training pool, gear washing and storage areas, equipment hire and servicing facilities for all your scuba diving needs. We dive from a very comfortable purpose built dive boat "COWRIE" We go out of our way to make sure you have the best possible experience right from when we pick you up from your resort. Nautilus Watersports specialises in all facets of scuba diving from introductory dive tours through to a full PADI course (Open water, Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster). Each dive is different to the last with coral reef drop offs, amazing fish life, a huge cavern, night diving and wrecks. You can even dive a sunken flying boat!Why not join us and "Dive in Paradise"
Auckland, New Zealand
“PADI Open Water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I spent a week in Port Vila with my family.

My daughter (10 year old) was very keen to try Scuba Diving. Prior to departing for the holiday she completed the PADI eLearning course.

My daughter received top quality instruction (one on one) from an Aussi dive instructor (Mitch) who was very good at making the course enjoyable but still setting a very high standard.

Nautilus was very easy to deal with. The boat and equipment were of a high standard.

I recommend Nautilus to both novice and experienced divers. An excellent operator.

Palmwoods, Australia
“Great Intro Dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Hi Leanne
I did the Introductory Dive in May this year with Nautilus through the Pacific Dawn Cruise Ship. My 16 year old son and his best friend came along with me.

It was an absolute highlight of my week's holiday.

The boat captain and crew were all very professional and we were quickly in our wetsuits at the dive site and ready to go.

The boys (& Dad) all thought that our Dive Instructor, Jayde, was gorgeous, but more importantly, she was an excellent instructor. I really struggled with the breathing/training exercises and almost quit and got back on the boat. However, she was very patient and finally got me clearing my mask and equalising my ears to get to the bottom.

Once I was down there diving, it was a wonderful, wonderful experience. I can't thank you and your team enough and told everyone at work how great it was.

Next cruise, I'll be doing another dive.

Regards
Michael

Visited May 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving the 'Big Dipper' and 'Ollies Lolly'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I am a professional research diver in NZ and I had a small window of opportunity to dive on Thursday Morning (giving me 24 hours surface time before catching the flight home on Friday 1pm). Usually people pay me to dive so I am never comfortable having to shell out money to go diving. But Nautilus run a slick and impressive operation.

All the hard yards of carting gear, organising everything, responsibility was done for me and we (qualified group) had a great guide to point out all the interesting features. Dive guide Jim was sharp-eyed and pointed out everything particularly interesting. Now that is diving on a plate .... I just had to point my camera at where Jim was pointing and there was the photo of the day.

The day was stunning, the water was clear and the briefings were great. And the dive boat has poles set at 5 m (two minute safety stop) and 3 m (3 minute safety stop) to facilitate an orderly ascent.

The gear was nicely balanced too .... neutral at 1 m.

As I was staying at the bunkhouse at Nautilus, all I had to do on the day was (pretty much) fall out of bed and into the dive boat.

Great diving, great crew. If you have an opportunity ... don't miss out.

Random photos at:

About half way through.

Thanks Nautilus for a top day out.

Pirate Pete

1 Thank Pete N
Tuross Head, Australia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Scuba Diving Port Vila Vanuatu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I just wanted to put in print how much I appreciated the customer service offered by the Nautilus crew at Port Vila. From my first email inquiry through to the write up of my log book, Leanne and the team (I think Pete was out fishing) were outstanding. The pre-dive briefings, the dives, in fact the whole experience was an absolute pleasure to be a part of. You are made to feel welcome and treated in a very professional manner at all times. Safety and service was paramount and the dive costs were very affordable. The 2 sites we dived were great, the Twin Bommies and the wreck and both are close to their base. "I'll be back".

1 Thank Barry P
Wellington, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“PADI open water course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed doing the open
water PADI with Nautilus. I especially appreaciated your flexibility and
adapting the course so that it worked for me.
Watching PADI DVDs in the evenings and working thru the worksheets was not
exactly restful but did work well for us and enabled me to get through the
course in the time available. My instructor was ever patient
with me. It was great having the same instructor for the whole course -some sessions/ dives were one on one instruction, others in a small group.
Thanks too, to the rest of the crew who were happy to serve and help out.

Not sure when I will be back but will certainly recommend Nautilus to
friends. I am looking forward to some diving here in the Solomons when I