“French-style cafe”

Au Peche Mignon
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Port Vila
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Australia
“French-style cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Nice little cafe with a French touch, they serve awesome pastries and sandwiches and a variety of sweets.

Visited March 2014

Suva Fiji
“Magnifique!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was fortunate enough to find Au Peche Mignon on my first day exploring in Port Vila. They were full of customers everytime I wandered past so I gave in to temptation and stopped for lunch. I was on my own for the day and was very quickly served by the amazing Leslie, who took care of me while I was there. I was happy to find a good range of vegetarian quiches, I ordered the mushroom quiche. It came with a lovely fresh, tasty salad and side of a cabbage/curry which was amazing with the quiche. The food was pretty great, but I have to say the darling Leslie was the highlight. What a gem he is, he made me feel at home even though I was on my own which I have not experienced anywhere else. Upon asking if they were open for dinner ( as I wished to bring my husband back after work) he advised me that they had just opened a new restaurant called "Au Fare" next to our hotel (Chantillys on the Bay). I never really lunch by myself but this was an exception, I had a very leisurely few hours chatting and eating, watching the people going by.. and a few tuskers thrown in. Just lovely. I returned the next day after our meal at Au Fare, and luckily my husband was able to join me also half way through. He ordered a club sandwhich and enjoyed it and Leslie was our waiter again which was fun. We also stopped on our day around the island for lunch to travel with. I have to say I had the best almond pastry ever, I am going to come back just to have that, it was truly scrumptious. Melt in my mouth divine. (Will do another review for Au fare as I cannot find it on here yet). Prices very fair I thought, the, ambience fun and busy and bustling. Thanks Leslie, I see you are a firm favourite with many travellers here also.

• Visited July 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Delicious French pastries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

If you are in Port Vila, do yourself a favour and have the apple pastries. Tastes like Caramel apple. Loved the coffee as well.

Visited July 2014
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Good cafe for lunch and cakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Visited several times while in Port Vila and it was always good, whether for lunch or just tea and cakes. It is a busy spot as it is near the market and the outside eating area is right on the road, but it is an interesting place to watch all the activity.

• Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Best quiches in Port Vila”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

The vegetable quiche with salad is delicious as is their crepes and milkshakes, however they are a more expensive then in Australia. The service wasn't great and the staff not always friendly, but the location is great right in the centre of town and the setting cute.

Visited July 2014