We made the big trip from the US to Vanuatu with our 10 year old son. Chez Troppo was a perfect place for us to feel like we were at home in a foreign country, rather than being stuffed into a hotel room. Annie was more than happy to help us in whatever way we needed, and her local knowledge was invaluable. Our son really enjoyed playing with the 2 dogs, Coconut and Troppo. Sarah, the housekeeper, did a fantastic job every day, keeping everything clean and tidy. The grounds are lush and fruit-filled, like a tropical paradise, and you really are just yards from the water. The location is right across the lagoon from Erakor Island, so we kayaked over there for some beach sun and snorkeling. The restaurant/bar there is very nice. It's also very easy to take the ferry across to Le Lagon if you prefer to use a swimming pool. Just a quick phone call, and the ferry will meet you in front of the villas in just a few minutes. Chez Troppo is located in Erakor Village, and it is possible to take a bus or taxi into town. We decided to rent a car, to give us a little more freedom, especially when it came to touring the island. We loved sitting on the deck, looking out at the lagoon every day, listening to the exotic bird sounds and watching paddlers in the lagoon. If you are accustomed to a silent sleeping environment, the roosters and village dogs may be a problem, but we quickly adapted to the sounds. Port Vila is an easy city to get around in, despite us being new to round-abouts, and the whole island felt safe and very friendly. Prices in the restaurants and stores were on par or slightly above US prices. Beers were around $4-$6 in restaurants and a hamburger and fries averaged $12. However, the local, organic, island grown beef (ask Annie where to go) was a great deal (about $7 per pound), if you like cooking at home, which is another reason to love Chez Troppo. Oh, don't forget to take advantage of the local produce at the outdoor market in downtown Vila - very affordable and tasty! You will see produce there that you've never seen before!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine waking up to this ?? A picture postcard! Swim ....snorkle....kayak....or just kick back! Three recently built,boutique styled residential, waterfront villas. Stylishly, fully furnished, with expansive self-catering kitchen. Spectacular sunsets, gentle ocean breezes with exceptional island views."Troppo Mystique's" friendly boutique styled,private short & long term residential accommodation, is nestled on a sensational aquamarine lagoon, amidst picturesque tropical gardens.Only 10 mins from Port Villa. A gorgeous slice of paradise - doesn't get better than this! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Troppo Mystique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chez Troppo Hotel Port Vila
- Troppo Mystique Vanuatu/Port Vila