Annie came to collect us from our resort, Aquana, where we stayed for the first part of our trip. We all bundled into her four wheel drive and took off to Port Vila, where she stopped at the market, supermarket and butchery (be sure to get some of the veal eye fillet) so we could stock up, playing tour guide and pointing out nice things to do and places to go.
Chez Troppo is not far from town, I'd say less than 10 mins. You will need a 4WD to get down the "driveway" which is full of cavernous potholes. That said, once you at Chez Troppo it does not matter. The bungalows are very comfortable, tidy and spacious. No aircon, but plenty of fans. It also has a large covered porch with barbeque and hammock. This is also your dining room and looks out over the lagoon. The setting is lovely, right on the water in a lovely shaded garden. I thought the gardens were great and all the shade made it nice for the kids to play outside without getting burned to a crisp. The kitchen has a gas stovetop and oven, a nice big sink with plenty of hot water and a full size fridge with freezer compartment. Crockery and cutlery aplenty. I loved the bathroom, it had a huge walk in shower and plenty of space to put stuff. The two bedrooms are large and have full wardrobes. You can really settle in and start relaxing. Snorkelling is at your doorstep. Just walk into the water and start snorkelling. We saw lots of clownfish not even 10 m from the shore. Chez troppo has 2 kayaks you can use and some reef shoes, flippers and boogie boards. Bring your own mask and snorkel. You will need reef shoes to be safe as there is coral and lots of sea life right up to the edge of the lagoon. The Erakor Island resort barge can be waved down or you can call them to come and get you. Visiting the island is a great family day out. You can also swim or kayak across, it really only is a stone's throw away.
Things to note: You are staying in Erakor village so the occasional village dog may hang around your bungalow. They shoo away pretty easily. Be prepared for the cockerels that seem to think day break is at 4am. This is a feature all over Port Vila I believe.
We had a great time at Chez Troppo and would go there again in a heartbeat. Annie is a thoughtful, considerate and resourceful host and she loves everything about Vanuatu. She always happy to provide advice and pointed us to a couple of nice spots that made our holiday very memorable. Thanks Annie and love to Craylene.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine waking up to this ?? A picture postcard! Swim ....snorkle....kayak....or just kick back! Three recently built,boutique styled residential, waterfront villas. Stylishly, fully furnished, with expansive self-catering kitchen. Spectacular sunsets, gentle ocean breezes with exceptional island views."Troppo Mystique's" friendly boutique styled,private short & long term residential accommodation, is nestled on a sensational aquamarine lagoon, amidst picturesque tropical gardens.Only 10 mins from Port Villa. A gorgeous slice of paradise - doesn't get better than this! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Troppo Mystique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chez Troppo Hotel Port Vila
- Troppo Mystique Vanuatu/Port Vila