“Favorite Gem”

Flaming Bull Steak House
Ranked #26 of 87 Restaurants in Port Vila
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Australian, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Brisbane, Australia
“Favorite Gem”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I can't put into words how much I enjoy the Flaming Bull/ Office Pub. The steaks are mouthwatering and by far the best beef I've ever had. The portions are very generous for the price. I've eaten at all the major restaurants in Vila and this is best bar none. The view is breathtaking and the staff is fabulous. This is a must stop for anyone who enjoys a great meal!

• Visited November 2010

Newcastle, Australia
“Disappointing food”
Reviewed November 18, 2010

My wife and I ate here on Thu 18 Nov 2010 and ordered a couple of eye fillet steaks.

My steak was very tender and would have been really nice except it was cold by the time they served it to us.

My wife's steak was really grisly and she was only able to eat a portion of it. IT was also cold.

The atmosphere is fairly basic but OK.

The service was OK but they could have been a little more attentive.

New Zealand
“Food poisoning”
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We went to this restaurant because we had been there for our last trip to Vanuatu and it is just across the road from amazing sunsets. It was a pretty basic place whereas before it was more of a bar/grill. It was barbie tables and sad chairs. My husband had a local steak that was asked to be medium and it was blue and I had the chicken parmigana and that was my downfall. I spent the night bowing to the porcelain and passing out. I have never had food poisoning as bad and it was borderline calling an ambulance.
It was definitely this chicken as everything else that day my husband had eaten too and he wasnt sick. This ruined our weeks holiday so I hope by writing this report someone else can avoid this. Eat somewhere else that has some hygiene standards. We had lovely safe food at the Port, the Casino in town, Mangoes and even the new training restaurant at the hospitality school the rest of the time I was too sick to eat.
Also the cost of our meal here was more expensive than a steak at the casino restaurant which was top class

Coffs Harbour
“mouthwatering steak”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

went twice during our trip, we loved the steakm beautifully cooked to our liking. Wonderful atmosphere, string band and pool table, drinks we not too pricey. Would go again next time

Australia
“Tough steak, bland sauce.”
Reviewed July 3, 2010

After reading quite a few good reviews, we were disappointed with this place. The entree was satay sticks but the sauce was very bland, like runny peanut butter. The steaks were disappointing too. We both had sirloin, but they were tough, my creamy garlic sauce seemed to be lacking the garlic, just tasted like white sauce, and my husband's mushroom sauce was bland too. Very disappointing, nothing to write home about at all.