“Best steak in Port Vila (if not the world!)”

Flaming Bull Steak House
Ranked #30 of 95 Restaurants in Port Vila
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The eye fillet at Flaming Bull (rare of course) is truly a thing of beauty. I have never had a leaner, tenderer, tastier steak anywhere. We eat there, on average, 3 times per stay (up over 15 visits now, I think) and have never been disappointed. The staff are also wonderfully friendly and efficient. It's not well advertised, but they do offer BYO (wine).

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our family of 4 ate at the Flaming Steak resturant 2 nights out of 3 when we were in Vila. Not sure if it was because we had just spent 9 nights on Tanna Is eating fish and rice but we all loved our meals!!. The location was convienient and the service was good. Prices were similar to Australia with our bill coming to about AUD $150 but we had great main courses and we all had deserts plus drinks.
Would reccommend and visit again.

1  Thank jobiks
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I really loved the food! steak was excellent! couldn't fault the food! will definitely be going when we are there next month! Service was a little slow and dodgy, not much on customer service. can't stand the smoking in the actual restaurant part, but other than that I'd recommend this place! Love the food! Awesome to pop next door and hit the bar and play some pool! chilled atmosphere :)

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My partner and I ate a lot of delicious Vanuatu beef during our 9 day trip, but we both agree that the best one was the fillet mignon (topped with creamy garlic prawns) at the Flaming Bull. It was cooked perfectly! We sent our compliments to the chef after just one bite.

The atmosphere is island-pub. It lacks the ambience that some of the more poplular on Trip Advisor restaurants have, but more than makes up for it with the food.

In response to some of the negative reviews - I didn't see any rats, but it is open air and on the main road in town so I would not be surprised. We found the staff to be very friendly and the service was good. They didn't list jugs of beer on the menu, but I had read about it in other reviews so I just asked and we got one. The toilets were not very nice, but much better than the ones at the Port Vila airport.

My only regret is that we didn't go earlier so that we would have had time to return.

1  Thank Sara812
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Recommended by local taxi driver. Food was excellent. Service bit slow, not the quickest on serving beer.

Wasn't informed of beer jug deal, so had few pints then saw it on a sign!

Only reason this got 1 from me was the added guests in the restaurant. 5 RATS I saw run from by the side of the chefs desk to through a back door. Personally, when you see something like that you question it once but not 5 times. Can only give it 1 as lacks hygiene.