$285
$241
  • Breakfast included
Traveller's Budget Motel(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$55
$48
Priceline
Cocomo Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$132
$115
Pacific Lagoon Apartments(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$118
$111
Erakor Island Resort & Spa(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$178
$151
  • Beachfront
The Terraces Boutique Apartments(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$131
Fatumaru Lodge(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$101
Nasama Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$103
$93
Priceline
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$245
$166
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

Sunset Bungalows Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$146
$90
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

Had a very nice stay, there is a double reef right outside the front porch! I had a nice breakfast every morning prepared by Eric the manager, kayaks to use as I pleased and lots of room to throw the frisbee. The bathroom was clean and I was able to shower everyday which was nice. It's a long time man to town but there are happy locals who pick up hitchhikers so I never had to walk more than 10min even at 4:30AM while trying to catch my flight!

I had a wonderful stay and will definitely stay here again when I come back.

There's a little island you can take the kayaks to and watch the hermit crabs play at your feet, a couple of the local kids took me out it was awesome to see!

Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
TaraBeachVanuatu, Owner at Tara Beach Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2017

Dear Josie3138

Tankiu tumas for your recent review about your stay with us.
We are glad to hear had a very nice stay, enjoying breakfast and to find bathroom clean.

There are buses coming every 10-mins along devil's point, and airport transfer are available on request for extra charges.

Tankiu tumas for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back to Tara Beach.

Kindest regards,

Eric

Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

I spent a few days resting up at tara beach at it was exactly what i needed away from town. Both lads took great care of me. Sure it is not a 5* resort but it is niot meant to be one. Weather was a bit lousy so couldt go kayaking but that is not their fault

Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Aivars G

Dear Aivars G,

Tankiu tumas for your time to write a recent review of your stay with us.
We glad you enjoy your stay and enjoy our company.

Our resort is not a 5*, however we require to give our guests the best holiday.

Thank you for staying at Tara Beach and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Kindest regards,

Eric

Reviewed November 29, 2016

Booked for 11 days (my 4th trip to Tara Beach), had to leave after 6 days - I was amazed I manage to stay for that long. My most needed stress free vacation was anything but. Eric the Manager had asked me to bring over a 40"TV he purchased (paying by way of balance of my accommodation), stupid me, sucked in, and cheated! No water constantly. I knew the water pressure and lack of hot water was spasmodic due to my previous visits BUT this time NO WATER at all on MOST days and when I did have it, it was a trickle. I constantly mentioned this to Eric who said it was because of the people behind(??) by the third day I said let me talk to these people as me not having water is unhealthy. He then said it is because of the aquarium that the people put in who catch fish to send to Australia..... I then said Oh, so fish are more important than guests... the saga went on and on, more untruths to the point I had had enough and decided to leave as my health was failing quickly. I must however mention that Nicholas who was the cook and cleaner there while Eric worked at Warwick Resort ( yep, didn't care enough about his own resort so worked elsewhere!), well Nicholas was brilliant!! I also enjoyed my massages by Elspeth. I have been duped and lied to and am taking it further. To have to leave because of health hazard warrants a refund of the 5 days left. Of course Eric will not pay... he is too caught up with saving to go to New Zealand and working for another resort to care about his paying guest at Tara. I strongly suggest you look and stay elsewhere, yes Tara is quite cheap but one still expects service and running water when needed. Shame on you Eric for taking advantage of a sick woman who kindly helped you with your TV and you repay me by cheating me and telling lies.
People do not stay here it is a health hazard and the Manager Eric does not care if you stay or go... so long as he has his money and basically FREE TV!! Shame on you Eric.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
2  Thank Maz05Bris
Reviewed May 13, 2016

In January this year I booked and paid for through Expedia Tara Beach Bungalows. I was to go there for 16 days in May. A few hours later I found out there was a serious family illness, and I was going to be needed to help here in NZ for 6 months at least, and I would not be able to go. I tried to phone Tara, to see if I could cancel, but they were not answering their phone. I then tried to email them, but my email was returned. The same night I phoned Expedia, and explained my situation, and while I waited, they tried to get in touch with Tara. They could not get a reply, but they said they were pretty sure I would get a refund, as it was only a few hours since I had booked it, and paid for it, and it was not until May that I was going. Anyway to cut a long story short, it took them a couple of days to get hold of Tara, and they got an email from them, and they said they would only refund half of my money, and there was nothing I could do about. I looked a few days later, and it was up again on Expedia.I would just like to warn anyone wanting to book here to be very careful. I am a very genuine lady, and I had a crisis to deal with, and I was told by Expedia it was up to Tara as to what they reimbursed me. What is wrong with these people?? I should have got a full refund, but I did not.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled solo
3  Thank Gaye N
Reviewed February 2, 2016

Beware. If you are prepared to take the risk of being stranded in a foreign country without accommodation in spite of a confirmed booking fully payed in advance and you don’t mind if you don’t get your money back, then this could be the place for you.

The Owner/Manager of Tara Beach Bungalows cancelled our booking while we were on holiday by sending us an e-mail the night before. He did give us an explanation of an overbooking and provided the phone number of an alternative hotel – which turned out to be fully booked as well.

If this was not unacceptable enough, he kept hold of our money with excuse after excuse such as ‘we did not confirm that we wanted our refund’, ‘there have been administration problems’, ‘our credit card details have been mislaid’; finally our communication with the hotel manager was terminated when our emails kept bouncing back as ‘undeliverable’. I would like to think that all of this was due to an honest mistake (or series of them) but another similar review on this site causes me to question this.

In the end we had no option but to seek recompense via the booking agent, however their response was simply to contact the owner and request that they make the repayment (which clearly didn’t happen). On the third attempt by the agent and months after the original cancellation, our patience ran out and we demanded that the agent refund us directly and seek compensation from the hotel; reluctantly they agreed and we received payment from them within a few days.

The reviews on Trip Advisor for this accommodation generally sound good and we really would like to have experienced it for ourselves, but be aware that if you make a discounted booking through an online agency and the owner subsequently receives an alternative booking that offers a higher premium, you may be at risk of having your booking cancelled at the last minute – something you may be unaware of until you arrive to check in at the hotel. You have to ask yourself - is it worth the risk and hassle for a stay at Tara Beach Bungalows?

Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple