Tara Beach Bungalows
Moorings Hotel(Port Vila)
  • Breakfast included
Ah Tong Motel(Port Vila)
View Hotel
All reviewsfishlocal kidshermit crabsericaccommodationtownvanuatulocalsislandresort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My friend Moana and I (Kata) were met at the airport by the friendly face of Lulu, then Vince and the van turned up to take us to Tara resort. When we arrived at tara I new we had choosen the right spot to settle in for our 7 day break. Our bungalow was roomy, basic, clean and our beds had lovely flowers on to great us - made me smile. All the lovely staff Christine, Lesley, Lulu and the very nice owners Sala his wife Lei, and their lovely boys Erick, Thomas, Vince couldn't do enough for us, nothing was ever a problem. Every morning Christine and hef Lesley would have our breakkie ready for us, our lovely fruit platter would come first then chef Lesley would cook our eggs on toast, what a way to start the day sitting in the lovely setting looking out to the fantastic reef and beyond. I loved the tranquility and peace of the resort, the snokelling is fab and the kayaking is so much fun. This secret hideaway is well priced and I will be recommending to all friends, family and sundry that stay is well worth the $$$$$. One other thing, if you do get the chance to stay, your'll need Lesley and Christine to teach you how to play 7lock, but be prepared to loose a bit of $vatu :-P

Room Tip: Any bungalow is good
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank kata R
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We just returned from warm and relaxing week at Tara Beach, it was just what we needed! From Lulu and Vince picking us up at the airport, through the week with Christine, Chef Lesley, Eric, Essetta, Sala, Lei & Thomas doing what they could to take care of us. Our security dog, Rocky, took up regular residence on our patio and kept us company out in the sun. The daily brekkie was more than enough for us with fruit, bread and eggs - cereals also available. TB is a simple but definitely adequate little piece of paradise with open arms and smiles for all. We took over the kitchen one night to make our own dinner but also had chef cook us up something a couple of nights. Lots of little things included in the price that you would have to pay extra for elsewhere, i.e. brekkie, kayaks, local village tour, dvds (I can recommend Joyful Noise for a great family musical interlude), the possibility of learning 7lock with staff (card game) but beware its addictive and can cost you a few dollars :)
Negatives for us but a couple of pointers to note is the waves and wind was quite loud so if you're a light sleeper take ear plugs. There is everything you need on your bungalow but not everything is in every bungalow so do ask/tell staff if something is not working - we were able to swap the jug from another bungalow or grab a dvd player.
Will definitely be suggesting TB to friends and family.
Tankiu tumas to the Vatoko family and TB staff who made our holiday the relaxing break we needed :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MKKR
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We spent a week at Tara Beach Resort in June and loved it. We are a family of two adults and two children (3 and 8) and the kids in particular had a great time. We loved the beautiful beach front location, the safe and quite amazing snorkelling, and of course the friendly and helpful management and staff.

There are lots of comments on this site about the bathrooms, electricity etc. Yes, yes, yes, these things could be improved, and I suspect that some bungalows are better outfitted than others. But at the end of the day they're not the sort of things that make or break a holiday for us. And I'm pretty sure that Tara Beach Bungalows are a work in progress for the owners.

The thing about Tara is that it is small. This means there aren't loads of other guests, there are only a few staff so you get to know them and they get to know you, and you feel like you're really getting away from things. After a week here, we really felt party of the family and right at home.

As many before us have said, if you want a five star luxury resort, this isn't for you. But if you want a relaxing, genuine island experience, in a fantastic location with friendly staff, you can't beat Tara Beach Bungalows. Tara is ALL about the people and the beautiful beach.

And about Rocky the dog - yes, lovely dog, and a big hit with our son. But watch out, he likes to steal shoes!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shasha k
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We only got to stay here one night after arriving back from Tanna Island and before flying back to Australia. Everything was clean and tidy and we were treated very well. Only suggestion for management is that the bathroom needed some work. Everything else was fantastic. Our bungalow was right on the water with fringing reef and awesome fish life for snorkelling. Meals were good and staff were friendly and welcoming.

I am a real animal lover so the highlight of my stay here was Rocky the dog. He was so precious. I was missing my dogs at home so Rocky was a welcome distraction. Friendly and well behaved. We sat outside to eat our dinner and not once did Rocky beg for food or become a pest. He is very well trained and I loved having him with us hanging around the room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bindi1974
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I spent 2 nights at Tara Beach Bungalows in July, on my way to Santo for five nihts at Bokissa Island. Picked up in time from the airport, room was ready, clean, comfortable & right near the water. Restaurant was a big plain but well cooked & well priiced. Tariff included breakfast with 2 choices of eggs - sunny side up or flipped over (fried), cereal & plenty of fresh fruit. Staff were all very friendly & helpful. May be a bit hot in summer (no air-con) but it was lovely in July. I definitely recommend it for relaxation & value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo