“Overpriced, pretentious and wierd menu”
Review of Wild Ginger

Wild Ginger
Ranked #21 of 91 Restaurants in Port Vila
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Eden, Australia
“Overpriced, pretentious and wierd menu”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We only ate there once...that was enough

Strangely limited menu. We struggled to find things we were excited to eat

The place is visually attractive but the hugely overpriced food and poor service make it a very bad choice

Best to avoid

• Visited October 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Very tasty”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meal. When we arrived we were seated at a table but upon our request we were moved to sit to watch the teppanyaki. Staff were a little slow given it wasn't overly busy.
Food was quick though. Chef cooked my husband a massive meal! (Said he cooked extra cause he was big man) We planned to have main and desert but ended up just having a main. I had seafood trio and it was delicious.
I probably wouldn't make a trip there but if you are staying at the resort its worth dining there. We paid about 3500vatu for each main

• Visited September 2013
Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
“Looks nicer than it tastes”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The atmosphere of the restaurant is great ... very asian but in a pacific setting. Its fun to watch the chefs prepare the meals right in front of you.
The service was prompt and nice.
The meals were sort of average ... looked pretty but tasted not as great as one would have expected with that sort of setting.

• Visited August 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“High expectations”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We went dining here due to its reputation and reviews. For all the hype we probably had too high an expectation. The asian "fusion" seemed to mean they had a range of asian dishes on the menu rather than "fused" cuisine. We were sat at a table next to the teppanyaki bar that, understandably was quite noisy. Unfortunately we were not having teppanyaki. The noise from the kitchen and service stations were a bit distracting. The service was great. Friendly efficient and always with a smile but the food was "small" and certainly not exceptional. On ordering the lobster we were told there was no lobster.... mmm would have liked to know that before hand. I had beef and prawns instead. Very good.... but still, beef and prawns.... and the beef was over cooked. Still very tender. The wok fried prawn was tasty but pretty standard. Lots of veggies, not so many prawns. The seared scallops and the salt and pepper tofu was excellent but more an appetiser than an entree size. For desserts I ordered fried bananas + trimmings but was informed that there were no bananas. I wanted to tell them about the ton of bananas I had seen at the markets that afternoon but what was the point. I had the sago and (frozen) mango instead. I should have realised we were out of mango season....(but in banana season)! The fire dancers were a pleasant bonus BUT not at all local. It felt like we were in Tahiti (which we weren't). I think promoting the local culture would have been a better option. Over all, the meal was good but not the experience it had been built up to be. I must remind myself that the higher the expectations the more likely to disappoint.

• Visited August 2013
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Amazing Squid”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Visited 2 times best squid I have ever had, coconut prawns were fantastic too,
Teppanyaki was ok had alot better for the price it is, restaurant very clean excellent service from waiting staff

Visited July 2013