“worth every cent!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Maroochydore, Australia
“worth every cent!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

very expensive but 10/10 food, best meal Ive ever had. Worth every cent and is very busy so need to book your table first

Visited April 2013

Orange, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have visited Vanuatu on a number of occasions and I would say that on this occasion the restaurant was the best we dined in. The food, salt & pepper squid, seafood grill & wild ginger beef and lobster was excellent and well presented. Extensive menu which should cater to all tastes. I will go out on a limb and say that the squid was some of the best I have eaten.

• Visited April 2013
Port Vila
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

First the good, great setup, friendly staff, pleasant atmosphere and free mizo soup.

Now the bad, which is basically everything else. I live in Vanuatu and have been around to pretty much all the eating spots in Port Vila, and I have to say the food here is not good at all.

Drinks. I ordered a mocktail called Tropical Treasure which cost a tad over 1000vt ($10) and what I got was cheap Orchy brand juice with red cordial which you can find in town for less than a dollar! And on the menu it is described as if you were going to drink freshly pressed fruits. Ripoff.

Entree. Pretty ok mizu soup. Free of charge.

Main. I ordered the seafood platter which cost more than 3000vt ($30) that really only had fresh prawns which were good and a lot of pink salmon, shallots and crab meat...all stale. The baked potatoes were half baked. I didnt finish my meal.

Dessert. I ordered banana fritters and vanilla ice cream which was again overpriced. I got two bananas n about 3 scoops of icecream. This was the worst dessert ever. The icecream was ok, locally produced by Switi but the banana fritters were very very salty. It seemed as if they got fried in old vegetable oil that had been used to fry up meat or vegetables. I did not eat the bananas.

Overall for a dinner for 2 we spent over $110. Never going to Wild Ginger again and have not been recommending it.

• Visited April 2013
Yeppoon, Australia
“Tenpenyaki more like tenpenyummi”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The pick of Vanuatu in my opinion. Yummo. Beware of the poorly thrown prawn and the madly chopped egg.

• Visited August 2012
Brisbane
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seafood Night at Wild Ginger, LeLagon Resort.”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

By far the best meal we have had in Port Vila. Buffet style allows one to choose from a vast range of seafood, including smoked salmon, prawns, coconut crab , seafood chowder etc. Both hot and cold dishes. Held on a Friday night. The range of sweets also enormous. Service for drinks and clearing tables was top.

• Visited March 2013