My family stayed there a week ago. IM has recently received an award for the best self-contained accommodation. I have no reason to question the award. The rooms are clean, spacious and everything is supplied down to cling wrap, alfoil, and washing machine powder. There is fair to good snorkeling in front of IM.
The only downside is that IM is 20 minutes drive from town. The only restaurant in walking distance is Benjor Beach Club which provides okay meals (pub quality at restaurant prices).
The resort is much better equipped and of a higher standard than Lagoon Beach resort (where we stayed last year). The kids spent plenty of time in the swimming pool.
If you don't mind being out of town, or you have a hire-car, this is a top pick for Vila.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury resort with self-contained apartment accommodation with ocean views, tropical gardens, guest bbq areas, swimming pool, and jetty to access spectacular snorkeling. Ideal for wedding and family groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Island Magic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Magic Hotel Port Vila
- Island Magic Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila