We recently returned from a one week stay at Island Magic resort. Our family of four (kids 10 and 11) stayed in a 2 bedroom oceanview unit (#10) that was adjacent to the pool. The high ratings that this resort receives are well deserved and was a key reason for choosing this resort on our first visit to Vanuatu.
What did we like:
- Firstly and the standout were the Managers and Staff - Brian and Anne who welcomed us and were managing the first days and then Jane and David who returned for the remainder of the stay - so friendly, knowledgeable and accomodating.
- Very well maintained rooms, grounds, pool, etc.
- Spacious apartments that were well equipped and the option of a great BBQ area by the pool that we used most evenings. We normally go to larger resorts with restaurants and it made a nice change to be more self contained.
-our kids (and us) loved the pool and also the little surf pool when the tide was high
- The relaxed feeling of the resort
The resort is a little out of town but we viewed this as a positive. It's not hard or costly to make the trip (about $16 into town for the whole family and half of that for the trip back).
Mele Cascades (a highlight) and Hideaway Island (great snorkling and Island Night) are closeby and there is a 2km beach only a 5-10 minute walk away (and you often have it to yourself). There are also a couple bikes if you want to grab a coffee down the road or pick up some fresh local produce.
What could be improved
- Access to snorkling is difficult when there is surf. Although I ventured in, it was too dangerous for the kids during the week we were there (which is a shame as the snorkling was great when you were in). I managed some good scrapes getting out but it was worth it (and was ok by the end when I found what worked best). It should be noted the winds were up while visiting so may be ok otherwise.
This resort does deserve 5 stars and this can be put down to the hosts and team at Island Magic. They take pride and this shows in the state of the resort and the enjoyment of your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury resort with self-contained apartment accommodation with ocean views, tropical gardens, guest bbq areas, swimming pool, and jetty to access spectacular snorkeling. Ideal for wedding and family groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Island Magic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Magic Hotel Port Vila
- Island Magic Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila