“Great Efate tour!”

and up
CHIEF ROI MATA TOUR
Ranked #3 of 68 Tours in Port Vila
More attraction details
Owner description: It is not about what we know about our islands & our heritage, but it is how we let you see it through our eyes and our passion. Atmosphere is an indigenous Ni-Vanuatu company with a dedicated team who will inspire you with their passion, knowledge of and love for their country intertwined with their contagious sense of Melanesian humour. The Atmosphere team will do all that they can to ensure that you not only visit Vanuatu, but that you truly experience and appreciate it.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had the pleasure of doing a "round island tour" with Atmosphere earlier this week. It was fabulous and I really learnt a lot about beautiful Vanuatu. This is partly because I sat in front of the bus with the lovely George, who shared his very intelligent and well informed views on the history, culture and even politics of Vanuatu. The tour was well organised but relaxed, no time pressure like much on these islands. I particularly loved the visit Iarofa custom village. You feel very privileged to share in the history and tradition of the village, and to be welcomed and thanked for helping keep the customs alive by the very genuine and enthusiastic chief of the village. Thank you very much to George and Justin from Atmosphere! To other travellers, this is well worth the small investment of 7500 Vatu. Sonya

2  Thank Sonya M
There are newer reviews for Atmosphere Tours

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Our resort recommended Atmosphere Tours after we described what we were looking to see.

The visit to the village and island people was a highlight. The chief came out to welcome us (he spoke French) after tribesmen hunted us in the jungle (there was a lot of calling out and you'd be intimidated if you didn't realise it was all part of the visit experience). Bring mosquito repellent before you go into the village though. We learnt so much from the village man who spoke English to us. It was amazing to see how the vegetation was used to heal, catch fish, make clothing and building structures. Then we watched fire walking and had a welcome song performed for us. This cultural experience was fantastic and I highly recommend this to you.

The trip took us all day 8:45am pick up at our resort (Warwick Le Lagon-which was fab and I wrote a review) to 5pm back to the resort. It was $70 a head (7000vtu).

George and Justin were friendly, knowledgeable and answered every question we asked. They spoke all day to us.

We went to the Blue Lagoon and swam, went to Havanna Harbour for lunch, saw Ernest (the coke bottle king of Havana Harbour) who spoke about his collection of WWII coke bottles and military relics. Really cool! We went to see where tribal council was held when filming for Survivor Vanuatu and I think this was an easy survivor when there are no poisonous animals like Survivor Australia.

A great day out and thanks guys for an absolutely fantastic memory that will stay with me forever. Love your work!

2  Thank Peta S
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Instead of booking a shore tour with P&O Cruises, I organised for 17 of us to go on a tour around Efate with Atmosphere Tours. I am so glad I did as we all had a fantastic time. The staff were absolutely amazing! We had the pleasure of spending the day with Fraser, Alfie, TJ and George from Atmosphere and they did a great job. They showed us the sights, filled us full of information about Vanuatu and most importantly joined us in the fun.

It was the best way to spend the last day of 2012.

1  Thank Smashleigh_77
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We organised a New Years Eve tour with Atmosphere and it was the BEST thing we did all cruise!! Our guides Alfred & Frazier were excellent, entertaining & knowledgeable. We visited Cascade Falls & Blue Lagoon, the Iarofa Village was one of the most amazing experiences, visited a local brewery, did some dutyfree shopping, topped off by beautiful fresh fruit & lunch all included. A shout out to our drivers George & TJ too - you guys were awesome! I would book a tour with Atmosphere again in a heartbeat! See you next time!!!

1  Thank Gem_Maguire
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our family of 10 people ranging from 20 to 87 years had the BEST day out with our fantastic guide Frazer and driver George. Cultural village and summit gardens are a must do. Would highly recommend atmosphere tours - friendly , knowledgable and accommodating.

2  Thank dinkysydney