Eratap Beach Resort
The Melanesian Port Vila(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$108
$84
  • Pool
Erakor Island Resort & Spa(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$157
  • Beachfront
Nasama Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$116
$109
Agoda.com
Grand Hotel And Casino(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$133
$111
Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$156
$60
$247
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$184
$178
  • Breakfast included
Moorings Hotel(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
$86
$81
Priceline
$69
$54
  • Pool
All reviewshoneymoon villaplunge pooltony and louisalocal villagedaily activitiesnearby islandsdirt roadprivate islandperfect honeymoonoutdoor showerlunch menufire showfishlounge roommeal timesdeck chairspaddle boards
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This Amazing resort exceeded our expectations completely. We were so sad to leave.

We arrived to be greeted by Ben who picked up is in a comfortable aircon ute. We were given water when we hopped in. As we drop the half an hour to the resort Ben pointed out things of interest to us which was lovely.

Eratap is situated a little way out if the city and 7 kms of that is on a dirt road. The road can be quite bumpy but if you aren't too precious you get used of it. I'm a country kid so it didn't bother me at all. The drivers are fantastic and just trust them completely as they know where the holes are and how to avoid them.

You arrive are your bumpy ride at PARADISE. We loved getting away from villa each night to this amazing hidden gem.

We were greeted by the lovely Pascale and were given a welcome drink and led to our rooms.

THE ROOM!!!! We stayed in villa 12, and I never wanted to leave. We had our own plunge pool over looking the lagoon and access to the lagoon via some steps. And private outside shower, sun lounges, little deck for romantic dinners and we were completely secluded and private from the rest of the resort.

The bedroom had the most comfortable bed in villa and a great air con. Most windows had screens, but we did put towels on the floor near the doors to stop bugs getting in. But mostly it was bug free.

The resort is stunning. The gardens are beautifully maintained and the gardener are friendly and will always say hi.
There are only 12 villas on the property so it is very quiet and we hardly noticed anyone. The only time we really saw anyone was at meal times.

You have free access to snorkel gear, kyacks, the two motor boats etc. there is so much to do if you don't want to venture out. We did all our tours through adventures in paradise who I highly recommend, but the resort does have activities that are run daily and the notice board will state what they are at brekkie each morning.

Speaking of brekkie, THE FOOD! Some of the best I HAVE EVER EATEN!! I come from a foodie back ground with two family members being head chefs and the surf and turf was better than both of theirs!
TIP: try the specials. When we did they were always amazing!!!

The staff are unbelievably helpful. Nothing is too much trouble what so ever. Our transfers were organised for us without having to ask. We were treated like special guests as everyone is and it was the perfect start to our honeymoon. If you want to stay anywhere in villa...... Stay here!!!

There is no fitness Centre ( I acceidently clicked it) . Try the open air spa. The girls were great!

Room Tip: We had villa # 12 and we loved it. Nice and secluded with a view of the ocean and the lagoon.
4  Thank Gabrielle B
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I spent 9 days in Eratap in March 2013 and had the most relaxing trip, we both arrived in need of some relaxation and definitely achieved this during our stay! All you can hear is the waves crashing on the beach and the birds, a true island paradise. The snorkelling of the beach is world class and we saw some beautiful schools of bright tropical fish. One of the highlights of Eratap is the staff, each and everyone goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and ensure you have a great stay, from the moment we arrived we felt welcome. The food in the restaurant was excellent and we definitely recommend seeing the fire dancers. Pascal and Tony were exceptionally helpful recommending things for us to do during our stay. We would definitely recommend Eratap to anyone looking for a relaxing retreat.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank wanderlustcass
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I visited Eratap after being in Port Villa a few nights. We were looking for a place to unwind and relax after a busy time at work and we found what we were looking for. The trip there with wonderful Robert was a blast. The road to the resort is a surprise though, it's bumpy and even in a 4x4 isn't that fun. But Roberts laugh and care certainly helped. Once you arrive on the resorts road it improves a heap and before you know it you are in heaven.

The Villas are lovely and well set out. Separate sitting area with ground coffee and TV with your own view to the sea. Bathrooms are modern and clean, though the water pressure can be a bit low at times. Air con for those that need it and fans. The bed is very comfortable and the open windows with fly screens is a good send. Open them up for a wonderful breeze. The villas are amazing once you work out where you are and how hard it much of been to build them so beautifully.

The food was great. We met the chef and she was wonderful and will even cook anything from the lunch menu for dinner if so desired. They have specials every day and I highly recommend them. The drinks came fast and with a friendly smile. No end of coconut filled joys :) Many thanks Andre :)

The staff are amazingly friendly, even the garden staff always welcomed you and smiled.

10am daily the resort does group events. From village visits to snorkelling. Wednesday evening a music show that had us all laughing and clapping our hands. Friday the fire show arrives and it was a blast.

Truly a wonderful place to unwind and relax ( the pool is awesome ), the spa was great and my wife even ordered some of the products that the front desk was happy to organise for her.

Tony and all at Eratap, thank you for a wonderful relaxing trip. Its back to reality now, but we will be back.

Room Tip: Any of the Villas are nice, but be aware that Villa 1 is close to the bar and may have noise.
4  Thank Duma_Oz
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was our second stay at Eratap, we first stayed here 2 years ago and enjoyed it so much that we knew we would return at some point and after doing some research on similar styled resorts throughout the pacific islands we quickly realised that the resorts that could possibly compare to Eratap in quality were far more expensive in cost. What Eratap offers is fabulous.
All the positive feedback that has been said by other reviewers is absolutely true, the villas, the restaurant food and of course the wonderful staff, it really is unbeatable for a relaxing holiday.
Earlier this year there were some improvements made to the resort around the restaurant area and plunge pools that have been installed in Villa 9 and Villa 10.
We stayed in Villa 9 and used the plunge pool every day though you could often have the large resort pool all to yourself, this may be different during the times that children over 5 are allowed but I still cannot imagine it ever being crowded.
It is easy to see from the photos posted by travellers here that the resort is just as described.
With thanks to Tony, Louisa and Pascalle and to their fabulous friendly local staff who made our holiday just perfect.
Leaving was hard as it felt like saying good bye to good friends such was the warm welcome we received.

4  Thank LadyofHaig
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We chose Eratap Beach Resort pretty much because of the great reviews on tripadvisor. Now that my husband and I have finally experienced it, I can easily say yes! to all that's been raved for :) We stayed for 7 wonderful nights. Fantastic food, super friendly staff, an awesome villa and an all-round beautiful resort. We specifically chose a period when kids are not permitted as we are on our honeymoon but the resort provides for several activities and entertainment for every age.

Food wise, breakfast is complimentary though I prefer just a simple croissant with a latte :) my husband usually chooses a more hearty meal like bacon and eggs with a latte. For lunch our fave would have to be the BLT panini.. The bacon is yummm.. For dinner, we absolutely love the beef carpaccio and the grilled scallops as entrees. Mains, definitely the eye fillet but if you manage to catch a wahoo fish (hubby did) well even better! The most delish fish I've ever had! Desert - loved the coconut panacota and chocolate mouse. Definitely you have top it all with coconut margaritas :)

Bumpy ride.. The first go was painful particularly after a plane trip. I highly recommend a travelers massage as soon as you arrive. But after then, you just have to have a laugh and consider it as part of the charm for the resort.

Activities we did.. There were soo many to do and at the same time we wanted some time just for ourselves. Be sure you snorkel! Even for someone who's never done it before (like me!) have a try!! It took me a couple of gos and hubby was very patient but it was well worth it. The corals and the fishes were amazing!! Highlight would have to be seeing schools of clown fishes which was spectacular to see. We also did the village tour which was guided by Max. Very lovely man and truly cares for his village. If u have space in ur luggage see if u can bring soccer balls and other play equipment for the kids. They'd love that. The only other activity we did was hiring a driver for the day and he took us around the whole island. Itinery was the Blue Lagoon, Eton Beach, lunch at the Wahoo Bar and Mele Cascade Water fall.. Every single place we went was amazing!! Unfortunately we ran out of time to see the summit garden so just check ur time if u want to include that to your itinerary as I heard that place is awesome too!

Overall 10/10 :) Tony has done an amazing job making this resort and we will truly remember this wonderful place and all the wonderful people we have met. I truly hope we get to visit soon :)

• Stayed: January 2013