Nerima Lodge
  • Breakfast included
Little Italy Hotel(Nuku'alofa)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Like other have said this place is awesome choise for accommodation in Tonga! The service was exeptional because they even helped us to plan our trip beforehand via e-mail. We even could leave our luggage there while we made a quick trip to 'Eua island. I can highly recommend Nerima Lodge! Thanks to Paul and Tomu!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Juho H
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Nerima lodge is clean and comfortable place to stay, great location and breakfast is tasty! We stayed in Nerima for four nights and enjoyed staying there a lot. Tomu and Paul helped us with everything, organised activities and helped us even to plan the whole trip. Pick up from the airport worked well. Nerima Lodge is everything you need while staying at Nuku'alofa for people travelling in groups, by themselves or as a couple. Good value for money!

Room Tip: All the rooms in Nerima Lodge are cosy and clean.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed at Nerima Lodge for one night during an Islandhopping-tour through the Pacific.
As I only stayed for one night on Tongatapu, I asked in advance if it is possible to have a photostopp at Ha'amonga Trilithon during my arrival transfer. Paul pickedme up from the airport and the transfer not only the photostopp at the Ha'amonga as I asked for - it was a full sightseeing tour of eastern Tongatapu (including view point to Eua, ancient tombs, Captain Cook's landing side). That was great!
As I forgot my alarm clock in the seat pocket of the plane, I asked the next morning, where I could get a new one. Paul's wife jumped into her car and drove me to several shops to look for an alarm clock. What a service!
Also I wanted to hire a bike in town, to make a trip to the blowholes.Paul's wife told me, that I can use their bike (for free!).
That was really an extraordinary service, Nerima lodge offered. Even for a long-term guest it would be extraordinary - but they offered this great service to me, even I stayed only for one night! And finally they didn't charged my late check-out.
The room was clean (I had an ensuite room) and large enough. Breakfast was good and it is only a few minutes walk to the waterfront, market and king's palace. I can highly recommand Nerima Lodge!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Even before arriving in Tonga, Mia assisted me via email with things to do and see. After arriving Mia continued to advise on places to go and see despite the fact it would take me away from Nerima for a day or two.
Nerima is a short walk from the city center and ferry warf which is a great place to launch visits to other nearby Islands in the Tongatapu chain.
Breakfasts at Nerima Lodge are wonderful especially the banana pancakes and Topai. (Thanks to Tomu for the Topai recipe.)
Rooms at Nerima Lodge are clean and comfortable. I will definitely visit again.
Thank you Mia, Ella, Tomu & George, you are amazing hosts!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Nerima lodge was chosen by me and my boyfriend using tripadvisor and we are very happy with our decision. We felt so welcome by Mia and Tomu since day one. Very yummy cooked breakfast every morning (which changed daily, including bacon and eggs/ banana pancakes w homemade pawpaw jam/ fresh fruit salad and toast) and fresh drinking water provided at all times (you really apreciate when you have to buy water all the time). Nice clean rooms and toilets, hot shower, a pretty good kitchen available at all times, spacious balcony to relax after a hot day,mini library and the best of all, the "home" feeling of a simple well looked after place. Mia is always keen to help with anything you need,she knows a lot about Tonga and the people, I felt like we had a tourist guide for free :) Tomu is lovely as well and she will help at anytime, literaly, even at 3 am when you arrive from the airport. Nerima also offers a laptop with free internet for their guests. 100% recommended!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple