I travel a lot for work throughout the region - and the waterfront lodge is hands down the most wonderful place I've stayed in. Actually, it is one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed in.
The rooms are impeccably clean (and I am picky), spacious and very cozy - a significant plus if you're on the road a lot. The bed is extremely comfortable, the shower is great and the desk space optimal to allow for work.
I prefer the garden view as it is quieter - but recommend the sea side room if you want a view.
You are just opposite the fish market, right by the ferry terminal and the walk into town is easy and allows you take in the view on your way there.
The most remarkable about the hotel is the staff - they are all absolute gems. Incredibly friendly, helpful, kind, smiling and ready to assist.
I honestly cannot rate this lodge highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront Cafe and Lodge, the best private Tonga hotel, is located opposite Queen Salote Wharf, with the Nuku’alofa waterfront unfolding right before you. Just a 20 minute stroll to downtown Nuku'alofa and you will soon find yourself immersed in the sights, shops and markets of the Kingdom of Tonga capital city. The colonial-style lodge is packed with character and boasts a beautiful sea view, excellent services, high quality accommodation and arguably the most popular restaurant in the capital. The charming property is under Italian management and believes in paying special attention to each and every guest. The Waterfront Cafe and Lodge’s atmosphere is welcoming and homely, our staff is warm and friendly and every guest is treated with special attention which makes their holiday in Tonga even more memorable and their vacation so comfortable to make them feel at home. The Waterfront Lodge is internationally renowned not only to be the perfect hotel for your stay in Tongatapu but also to be a place of art where artists from Polynesia and the South Pacific often meet to expose their masterpieces. From our reception we can also organize tours of Tongatapu and packages to some of the top island hotels and attractions to ensure your Tonga holiday will be remembered as one of the best of your lifetime. If you are looking for your personal getaway to the friendly islands of the Kingdom of Tonga, welcome to the Waterfront Cafe' and Lodge, the best private owned accommodation you can find on our shore.World Class Tourism gives us 4 stars We have the pleasure to announce that the World Class Tourism for Tonga has recently judged the Waterfront Lodge & Cafe' as a 4 Stars hotel. This is indeed a great news for us and for all our new and returning guests. The unique accommodation, the casual atmosphere, the popularity of our restaurant and the smiles of our staff make the Waterfront Lodge & Cafe' the perfect stop over if you are visiting the capital or if your holiday takes you to one of the marvellous islands of the Kingdom of Tonga. Hope to see you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Waterfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Nuku Alofa
- Waterfront Lodge Tonga/Tongatapu Island