TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent team to swim with whales

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
tlfraser
Kelowna, Canada
via mobile
Truly a life changing experience!!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
ChaitaliDua
Mumbai, India

Recommended experiences in and around Nuku'alofa
All reviews whale swim early in the season humpback whales deserted island once in a lifetime an amazing experience other guests whole team these guys few weeks treated with respect no hesitation morning and afternoon tea life changing bucket list last minute tour operator
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This company has had it’s whale swim license temporarily suspended after a diver was lost at sea in August 2019.There is no mention of this on the website. I had booked and paid months ago + contacted them when I saw it in the media with no response. Eventually the owner answered and advised I had been moved to a different company + refused to refund.
I had 2 days booked and confirmed - the first day was excellent + the second day I was not picked up despite confirming 1 day earlier. Had to ring them to find out why they hadn’t turned up only to find they had overbooked + hadn’t bothered to contact me! The owner had no answer as to how it happened and was quite rude.
I can see by other people’s reviews over the last few weeks that they were not aware of the licence change +that a different company was used.( with the same staff from whale swim fish and dive!)
Am very angry + I would definite not book with or trust this company!!

3  Thank JBTonga
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The team made you feel safe and we truly enjoyed our swim with the humpback whales and their calfs. The water can be rough but the experience is beyond anything you could imagine. Loved

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I am absolutely crazy about whales and boy did these guys help us enjoy and experience the grandeur of whales to the fullest!! We had booked 4 days with them and unfortunately had to cancel 1 day due to the storm. So glad we got to spend 3 days with these giants in the water and with Whale Swim, Fish & Dive tours. We had Lonnie & William on the first two days and Lonnie and George on the last day. My husband fell in love with Lonnie haha hes so much fun and really provides a lot of entertainment and laughter while youre just sailing in the middle of the ocean looking for whales.. William and George were so great and they all helped us feel extremely safe while in the waters with the whales. Even though it was harder to find the whales due to the storm and it took some time, the encounters we had with the whales were just breathtaking.. Each day was better than the last and we thought it couldnt get better but it always did.. Not sure if ill ever experience whales like this again coz it felt unreal.. On our last day the baby whale played sooo mcuh with all of us, hung around with us endlessly and just made us feel magical.. I also loved the little islands they would take us to for lunch.. I can go on and on about our experiences with the whales and with this tour operator.. Would recommend them highly.. They were extremely helpful even during the booking process.. From the little interaction we had with other guests using other tour operators, I truly feel these guys surpass all other operators and leave you with amazing memories.. They were also extremely cautious to not approach the whales if they thought they were scared / not willing to be disturbed and moved on from those locations.. Really respect that.. Thank you so much once again for leaving us with such great memories.. Hope to do this again really soon..
Recommendation for guests - If you are prone to being sea sick, carry some medicines as the water can get quite choppy and you are in the water for about 6 - 7 hours..
Also, sometimes you are required to swim quite quickly to observe the whales if they are on the move, so would definitely recommend practising swimming / snorkelling so you can have the best experience..

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

We had an amazing time on the boat, the crew was super helpful and friendly, our guide Gregory from Switzerland did an amazing job and was very professional teaching us a gentle approach to the whales resulting in long intense swims with a lot of interaction from the whales.
We initially booked two days with them and three days with Whale dive Tonga in the next week but because of a misunderstanding we got picked up by the wrong company on our first day, so we just had one day with Whale Swim Fish Dive Tours, which we really enjoyed.
Lunch is at the most picturesque island where the crew offered us fresh coconuts.

The boat is quite exposed to sun and splash from the waves, we were glad we had some long sleeve swim shirts and our rain jackets, it was a bit cold sometimes. Don’t forget sunscreen

Reviewed August 15, 2019

If you want an experience with lifetime memory these guys do it really well. We went out on a 3 days whale swimming and we were certainly not disappointed as we got three different yet exhilarating experiences. The slippers and guides are very mindful not to harass these creatures of the wild. We were recommended this company and Rob and team did not disappoint. Highly recommended if in your bucket list

Date of experience: August 2019