“Great place to stay in Tonga!”
Review of Seaview Lodge

Seaview Lodge
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Nuku'alofa
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Was there for business. Had no idea what to expect but Gudrun and Franz made me feel at home - ould talk to them for hours! Since i didnt pay the bills myself, i cant really comment on that but another colleauge stayed at the Scenic out at the airport and didnt have many good things to say about it. Glad I ended up here!
I had dinner at the restaurant several times and each time was excellent! I hope to visit again soon :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 28, 2013

it's such a great experience to be with Gudrun and Franz from the St. Eiermark especially Franz's cooking ability is very impressive. You can get a wide range of really good food. The rooms are very clean and the stuff friendly

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The best thing was the accommodation living of Gudruns hospitality and style and the restaurant attached to the lodge (see the separate review there) where you get a wide range breakfast and dinner in a really good quality. The rooms were very clean, a bit small (for three of us) compared to the other places we stayed - but you dont stay at your room on a south sea island anyhow. It is of course no beach/swimming location but it is a perfect place to explore Nukualofa by foot and also the whole island then by car which both are surprisingly interesting. Also for business people it would be a very good place. For that reason it is a 5/5. Compared to the South Sea paradise places of e.g. Fafa and Reef Resort it would be a 4/5 but those you are visiting for other reasons/other target group.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2013

When we arrived at the Seaview Lodge we were told by the owner that they do not have a room for us (despite us having a confirmed booking and reconfirmed our arrival via email the day before). Apparently the toilet was broken.

He said he has booked us into another hotel nearby (pretty much the worst one in Nuku'alofa according to tripadvisor). At that hotel they were not aware of any booking. Since we arrived around 11pm we settled for the last room available there.

We cannot rate the actual Seaview Lodge. It seems to be sought after, but in our case was not a pleasant experience, especially if you arrive late at night after many hours of travelling.

This could have been an isolated and unfortunate incidence. In any case, the way the owner handled our arrival was poor and borderline rude.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sventor
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My stay in the Seaview Lodge was the best stay I've ever had in Tonga.The Seaview Lodge is paradise right in the heart of Nuku'alofa. Franz and Gudrun go out of their way to make sure your needs are catered to and I felt right at home with them! They are such lovely friendly and authentic people I really appreciated all their efforts and their staff, to make me feel happy and welcome. The room I stayed in for two weeks,was perfect, with cool floor tiling, a/c, a ceiling fan, ensuite, king bed, bar fridge and all the comforts of home that we take for granted here in Australia. The days were so hot, so coming back to a spotless and cool room was heaven.I didnt want to leave! I must say that whenever I'm in Tonga, I will always stay at Seaview without a second thought! Thankyou Franz and Gudrun and all the best!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2012

During my second visit to Nuku'lofa ,Tonga , i choose to stay in Seaview Lodge as recommended by my friends during my first visit. Sea view has located in picturesque water front bit away from other lodges near to the kinds palace. The city center is 10 mins walk from the lodge .It does take bit of walkign to get to the seaview if you dont have a car. But otherwise its a great place to stay and relax.The rooms are spacious, neat & clean and have all the requirements like AC,Comfortabel beds, TV, Coffee makers, hot water etc. The breakfast and food menus are definitely plus and service levels are great. Aslo the very few places serving food on sunday is the seaview lodge .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank krish79
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the Seaview Lodge in October, 2012. It was recommended to me and I can also recommend a stay here. I like the fact that it is a 10 to 15 minute walk to the town center in Nuku'alofa, so it is peaceful, and right across the street from the ocean. Goodrun and Franz are very good hosts and were very helpful to me in seeing the sights around the island of Tongatapu. Their daughter even drove me around the island for a fun day of touring. The rooms are comfortable, and there is also an excellent restaurant on the grounds. If I returned to the island this is where I would stay again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuku'alofa
Tanoa International Dateline Hotel
#8 of 13 in Nuku'alofa
Scenic Hotel Tonga
Scenic Hotel Tonga
#1 of 1 in Fua'amotu

Been to Seaview Lodge? Share your experiences!