All reviews tongan experience self catering across the road unit accommodation fiona island ferry wharf sunday
Reviewed May 16, 2008

My wife and I have now stayed at Papiloa's Place three times. We have to say that Papiloa is such a wonderdful woman, so easy to lend a helping hand.

Our stays have been more than comfortable, and we have been received with such grace, and have been made to feel very welcome,. Please visit here, you will not be disappointed!!

Shawn Miller, May 15 2008

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed December 28, 2007

Oh my, nothing could have prepared us for this terrible experience. After communicating with the hotel, reading reviews and checking their website, we felt we were well educated on where we were going and staying. Not so...the restaurant and bar that the website claims this place had closed down 3 years ago and are no longer there, the linens were from at least the 70's and awful. There were bugs in the bedding and absolutely no security on site. The employee who worked there did his best with what he had to work with but managment were impossible to deal with. We finally moved to another hotel and it was much better and we were very glad to have found them. We would never recomend this property to anyone nor would we stay there again. There are a number of other properties around so do your research carefully if you are visiting this area. (we had yet still sadly ended up here...it was a learning experience to say the least!)

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank samantha3
Reviewed October 29, 2007

I came in very late and was met graciously and given a room instantly! Everything was clean and comfy! I needed an alarm clock and it was waiting for me and worked! I needed a water boiler and it was waiting and worked! Everything I could've wanted and at a good price....kudos all round! Thank You!

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank SailorTonga
Reviewed October 4, 2007

OK- a good place to start out to expore the main drag of nuku'alofa. The fales are small but clean althogh hot and a bit stuffy - yuo will need the fans!

It was a short 3k walk into town, which we did every day - and it was a good starting place - once of the better places in Nuku Alofa.

Pluses - a pool which will amuse the kids and some good places to eat near by.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank hokaAustralia
Reviewed May 25, 2007

We stayed a the Friendly Islander for 6 days and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Papiloa was fantastic. She was very friendly and helpful. Nothing was a problem. She likes to teach you a few Tongan words and really gets a kick out of you greeting her in her native tongue. She was able to advise us on things to do and places to see. She even gave me some of her aloe vera plant and showed me how to use it to relieve some sunburn. We had a great time and look forward to returning once again for more of the same.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank pamana