“The Friendly Islands & the friendly guesthouse” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Noa Guest House

Noa Guest House
Ranked #4 of 22 Nuku'alofa B&B and Inns
Christchurch, New Zealand
“The Friendly Islands & the friendly guesthouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I really enjoyed staying at this guest house. The staff were all wonderful hosts, going above and beyond the call of duty. It was my first time to Tonga, and their hospitality helped make my stay a pleasant experience. Many thanks!

Room Tip: If you're on a budget, upstairs with a ranchslider door, gets a good breeze.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Moana E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

You pay for what you get.

- Good location.
- service is great, super friendly. They make you feel like family (this is what makes the stay worth it)
- If you're happy to stay in easy conditions than this is the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linda N
Suva, Fiji
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Since this was our first trip to the Kingdom, we did not know what to expect but the warmth,hospitality of Mr & Mrs Mote and the staff of Noa's Guesthouse captivated us. Their ever smiling faces and friendliness is a true testimony to the Kingdom of Tonga being called the "Friendly Isles". Since we were travelling on a budgeted trip,the accommodation was more than we expected. After day-out in town under the hot scorching sun we were always looking forward to coming back to relax in the sanctuary of our privacy with its large comfortable bed and the coolness of the room. The location was convenient with its close proximity to town and we were always looking forward to relax and unwind every evening at the famous Noa's Bar and Restaurant with its prices being the best in town..:D. We departed the Kingdom with alot of fond memories of this place and will surely recommend it to our friends here in Fiji who are planning to take a trip down to the Kingdom of Tonga,but for us this has been and will always be a home away from home.

Vinaka vakalevu and Malo a'pito.
Best regards,
EDWARD & CAVEN

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Queenstown, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The room was large and comfortable, with airconditioning. The bathroom wasn't spectacularly clean but wasnt filthy either, could have used an extra couple minutes of cleaning thats all. Nice location close to town and the waterfront. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was massive. Good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I chose this guesthouse after reading so many positive reviews, but was sorely disappointed. The room was dirty, the bathroom smelled terrible, and we had to ask a number of times for someone to bring us towel and toilet paper. The kitchen was also very dirty. We stayed again on our last night in Tonga after travelling to other islands, thinking we'd give it another try with a different room. This time we had ants in our bed. I didn't find the staff very helpful or friendly, and I've travelled all over the world. I would not recommend this guest house.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mrdhanak
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

"Noa guest house is your Tongan home" is a well fitted description. My stay in Tonga was extremely comfortable and very pleasant. Noa guest house is only a few minutes walk away from the centre of downtown Nuku'alofa where you have many restraunts, cafe's and bars to choose from, but far enough to escape into a world of quiet.
The Staff at Noa guest house were amazing and incredibly friendly which made my stay so much more pleasant. I felt like I was visiting long lost family due to the friendliness of the staff. The amneties were up to standard and the bed I slept in was very comfortable. I honestly could say that I haven't slept so well in a very long time. The bed sheets and pillow cases were crisp and white and the view from my windows were amazing. It was more than what I expected and I'm grateful I chose to stay there. I will definitely be staying there again if I visit Tonga again and I recommend Noa guest house to everyone. This is by far the best value for money. Thank you Nana and Mote for being amazing.
Eliza

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Eliza2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed at a few places in Tonga, this was my second trip. Noa's guest house staff were very welcoming and friendly, they made you feel comfortable and at home. The rooms and bathrooms are large with standard amenities including a small fridge, T.V and bed/bedroom furniture, but with the additional benefits of the much needed air conditioning and room fan.
The staff were always available and more than happy to help/assist with directions, with washing and extra towels were available to take swimming. Noa's provides scooters for day hire, there was no time limit on these which was great if you wanted to stop back at your room and head off again for a night ride or for dinner. The scooters were the best way to travel around Tonga, especially in the warm weather, you can get a local map from any café and stop along the way and ask for directions. The daily scooter higher is very cheap and very cheap to fuel, all day driving around the island cost approx 5-8 Tongan dollars to refuel.

Noa's guest house is in a great location. I have previously stayed in an isolated resort which was hard to find transport to take you around and see Tonga, and you ended up having all your meals in the one place. Noa's guest house is walking distance to the heart of the city Nuku'alofa and with the scooters you can venture out and do the outta town sight seeing.
I would recommend Noa's guest house and would stay there again myself.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuku'alofa
Little Italy Hotel
White Sands Beach Resort
The Tropical Villa
The Tropical Villa
#6 of 22 in Nuku'alofa

Been to Noa Guest House? Share your experiences!