“Recommended”

Noa Guest House
Ranked #3 of 21 Nuku'alofa B&B and Inns
“Recommended”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed at a few places in Tonga, this was my second trip. Noa's guest house staff were very welcoming and friendly, they made you feel comfortable and at home. The rooms and bathrooms are large with standard amenities including a small fridge, T.V and bed/bedroom furniture, but with the additional benefits of the much needed air conditioning and room fan.
The staff were always available and more than happy to help/assist with directions, with washing and extra towels were available to take swimming. Noa's provides scooters for day hire, there was no time limit on these which was great if you wanted to stop back at your room and head off again for a night ride or for dinner. The scooters were the best way to travel around Tonga, especially in the warm weather, you can get a local map from any café and stop along the way and ask for directions. The daily scooter higher is very cheap and very cheap to fuel, all day driving around the island cost approx 5-8 Tongan dollars to refuel.

Noa's guest house is in a great location. I have previously stayed in an isolated resort which was hard to find transport to take you around and see Tonga, and you ended up having all your meals in the one place. Noa's guest house is walking distance to the heart of the city Nuku'alofa and with the scooters you can venture out and do the outta town sight seeing.
I would recommend Noa's guest house and would stay there again myself.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Awesome stay at Noas friendly people always smiling and saying hello would come and talk to us, made us feel welcome and felt as if we were at home cheap affordable rooms nice and clean was super close to walk into town, very helpful, kind and sharing was nice to sit back and relax with a coconut drink and fresh fruit, we had a $75 room which didnt have aircon but once one of the staff talked to Mote about us changing to a bigger room with aircon was accepted and organised fast which was cool all round great atmosphere highly recommend will deffinately be staying again when we come back to tonga :) big ups to you guys at Noas all the way from Aotearoa (NZ)

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our stay at noas place was welcoming. With fresh fruits stacked in the fridges n friendly workers who would treat u like a close friend. Myslf n my two other girl mates enjoyed our stay at noas guest house. Yes the standards of cleaning does require attention however you can't expect to get five star treatment at an average accommodation. Its Tonga n we must learn to experience such lifestyles :) overall I enjoyed. Would love to go back soon :)

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank sanjleen
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am a pretty easy going guy, and don't expect much when I am travelling, but my experience at Noa's was so bad I felt like I had to share it.

So, after booking Noa's, based on the excellent trip advisor comments and based on the pictures on the website, I went ahead with the booking. I was excited to check in and to experience this 'amazing hospitality' as some of the reviews had mentioned. But, I arrived and was shown to my room. The cleaner grunted, pointed into the room and left. No welcome, no explanation of the amenities, where things are, breakfast times etc... The room (Private room) was incredibly expensive (120 TOP/70 AUD) for what was offered. The room was absolutely massive, but had a double bed, and a mis match of furniture. To be fair, the room had air conditioning and a ceiling fan. But, I went to check out the bathroom and was greeted by a very unfriendly smell. On further inspection, the bathroom was incredibly dirty. The room was right beside a rain water tank, and every time a guest turned their tap on, the rainwater tank hissed and screamed - a noise that was incredibly annoying in the few minutes that I was there...I was outraged that the photos on the website, clearly didn't match the photos of the property, especially of the 'lounge room' with the plush creme leather sofa. I felt so strongly about this, that I instantly checked out... Why this property is #1 for B&B's in Nuku'alofa is beyond me.

Do yourself a favour and stay away from Noa's Guesthouse....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank trotteroftheworld1
Parramatta, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Enjoyed our stay very much, we'll definitely stay again. The staff are very friendly, helpful and a true asset to the Noa's Guest House. The rooms come with style, comfort and amenities applicable... The location was excellent, close to Town and bus stops. Mote(Owner) was so understanding and very helpful especially his partner Nana. You made us feel at home and we appreciate everything you did for us whilst our stay here. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to Chillax and have a damn good time in the Kingdom......God bless always!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Had a great time at Noa with the crew. Friendliest people in all Tonga. The Godfather (mote) will look after you and you are guaranteed to have a good time. The rooms are big and comfortable, breakfast is always a tasty treat. Nana goes out of her way to help and Leti is always a friendly face to have a chat to. Leo is my main man and he always go out of his way to make sure u have everything you need. Great people, Great place! If you go to Tonga and dont stay here than you are missing out on an amazing experience, I Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Its all good!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Blenheim, New Zealand
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at Noas for a few nights in August and we loved it! The staff is very helpful, pleasant and polite - and they always offer you a coconut to drink (something I couldn't get enough of :-) Everytime we needed something or asked about some local things to do, Mote was always researching more information for us. The breakfasts were amazing, every day different type but mostly with fresh local fruit on the table. The place was nice and clean, room was big and whole atmosphere very comfortable. We really hope to be back! Thank you Mote & the whole Noa's staff, you made us feel like home!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CopperbeechB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuku'alofa
The Friendly Islander Hotel
Dayspring B&B Lodge
Dayspring B&B Lodge
#2 of 14 in Nuku'alofa
Keleti International Resort

Been to Noa Guest House? Share your experiences!