All reviews pizza ensure guests italian food standard room pleasant stay air con new zealand royal palace comfortable rooms breakfast was included pacific islands low tide the ground floor facing the ocean cooked breakfast business trip nuku alofa
Reviewed July 13, 2010

This is a little gem in the Pacific. Mele, Angelo & all the staff are unfailingly courteous, helpful and kind, but not intrusive. All areas of the hotel are scrupulously clean. Beds are really good quality and comfortable and the pillows are perfect. The Italian pasta and pizza dishes and salads at the Restaurant are very good indeed but some fish and meat dishes can be disappointing. I have stayed in both a Standard Room and an Ocean View Room. Standard Rooms are very small and somewhat cluttered, but for a one night stay, singles or for people who spend a lot of time outdoors, they are OK For business travellers, longer stays or for 2 people, Ocean View Rooms offer more space and comfort. Although I really love everything about Little Italy, room space is a priority for me and I would not stay there again if only a Standard Room were available. That said, I would be hard pressed to find anything in Nuku'alofa that comes even close to the charm, location and comfort provided by Little Italy. Nothing is too much trouble and the attention to detail is impeccable.

2  Thank woozy16
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I would like to make it clear we ate at the restaurant one night, but we did not stay here.

The quality of the food was not good. The flavours and consistency of the pizzas were hugely disappointing, in fact I would probably go so far as to say this was the second worst pizza I'd ever had, and my friends were no more impressed. Our waiter was new, we think, and had absolutely no clue about the role of a waiter. This wasnt for the want of trying, this young man certainly wanted to do it right, and you could see he had a pleasant disposition, he just hadnt been trained properly. At one point after the main course, because he hadnt cleared the plates away, we ended up pushing them all over to the other side of the large round table so we could try dessert. When he came over and we asked him to take them away for us, the italian boss (I think) came over and said to us in front of him "he hasnt got a clue what he is doing" which was unforgiveable. Oh, and dont order the tiramisu. Two of us did and said it was absolutely the worst they had ever tasted.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Erica F
Reviewed July 10, 2010

It was my first time in Tonga and I had quite a long stay here (3 wks), and it was the lovely time in Little Italy. Warm heart services from everyone. Even though, I never stay in other place, but I don't think I will find other places lovely as here.

Date of stay: July 2010
1  Thank Temboon
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Fantastic view of changing sea and reef. Great sea breezes. Friendly, flexible and attentive staff. Good food, with special requests often able to be accommodated.

1  Thank ceri5
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Nice, comfortable hotel on the western end of Vuna Road. Good food and coffee, and rooms set up for business travellers ie desk and internet access.

Date of stay: April 2010