“Clean, Well Run & Cosmopolitan”

The Breakwater Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Honiara
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had a short stay in Honiara, staying at the hotel next door to this cafe. Chose to eat here rather than in the hotel. But its closed for dinner.

The food was familiar, tasty and coffee really good. Service was efficient. The whole place was very clean and I felt confident hygiene standards and relaxed about eating the food here. Sometimes it got a bit noisy when it was full, but no more than anywhere else really.

And the staff were all very friendly and fast, even though they were busy.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Modern, stylish and great location right on the water - head and shoulders above anything else in Honiara. Great menu selection and of a very good standard. Service can be little slow / disjointed but then so is everything else on 'Sol Time'.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Fantastic place to hangout. Relaxing atmosphere.
Friendly staff and great service. Nice view and spacious parking.
I'm can drop by everyday just for a mug of flat white.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have visited here several times during my stay in Honiara and I have enjoyed the great coffee and fod here. It's great view over the water easy parking and great friendly staff.
All the food is made on site and is fresh very day. I must visit if you are in Honiara.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went here this morning for breakfast, I had the breakwater big breakfast along with a mugacino to wash it all down, total cost only SBD $120 that is around $20 Australian dollars. For the serving size and what was on my plate is it excellent value for money same quality food as in Australia and very compariable with pricing considering all food is either shipped or flown in from Australia. Went back for Lunch the freshly baked Baguettes onsite with the roast beef are an excellent choice for something light and refreshing for lunch. The cakes are to die for especially the carrot cake which is made on the premises. The bananna Jam pancakes are top of class I will definately be making sure I visit this on a regular basis when I visit Honiara. Well done to the staff for extremely fast and very friendly service it was a pleasure to relax in a clean cool environment for my meals during the very hot humid days in Honiara. 10 out of 10.