“Probably the best”

Heritage Park Hotel Honiara
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Honiara
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great first impression, with help on hand to take our luggage. The bedrooms are of a high standard. Comfy beds, flat screen TV, aircon that works, and a great view over the water. Rooms are very clean, as is the entire hotel.

Their blurb states they are 'trying to provide a four star service in the otherwise developing country that is Solomon'. Well they certainly charge a 4 star price, but for four star service I'd expect hot water in the evening time.

The pool bar was closed and so to order a drink by the pool I had to walk into the main hotel. Then I'd wait 40 minutes for my coke to arrive. I also ordered food many times in this manner and when I went down to the pool the next day, the plates and trays were still there.

There is a complete lack of urgency from any of the staff, so any simple task, be it ordering a drink, or asking about hire car availability, turns into a painful struggle.

It needs a western management team to be on the floor to train their (already extremely polite) staff how to provide a 4 star service.

Lastly, I ordered a caprese salad. The mozzarella that was in the salad was the type that is put on pizza, not salad. I would've sent it back, but couldn't face yet another long struggle to explain what the problem was. Obviously this should be removed from the menu.

Room Tip: A room facing the ocean was very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Drmrw

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has everything.The staff is super-friendly and the food here is second to none in Honiara.I specially liked the night buffet on Weekdays, which helped me with work schedule. Had a nice time there! Thank you.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The Best location in Honiara - just a walk to the centre of town. Our room had an ocean view which everyone can experience from the pool deck. The room cleaning was very good, often finding little touches like a frangapani left with toiletries made a big difference to presentation. Pool was clean and a good size.
The food served pool side was great even though it was a small menu. Served within 15 minutes of order being placed. The staff were awesome - nothing was too much trouble. I'll definitely be staying here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joyhughes21
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The view from most rooms is absolutely stunning to wake up to in the morning and it's not even the best part of the islands!

The rooms are clean and well laid out. The service is in need of a little refinement, with one example being that my shampoo was never replenished until I asked at reception. To their credit, it was attended to promptly.

The minibar needs a good look-see as many of the snacks are well past their expiry date. A little bit of common sense should be exercised but the folk are known for their big hearts, not their common sense. I say that with no ill intent but it is what it is.

The restaurant is horrible. The food is borderline expired, the drinks are never served in a timely manner and the breakfast is woeful, particularly at a cost of SBD400, even if it was just for a bowl of cereal and a glass of juice! I would not waste my time nor money at the restaurant ever again.

The BBQ area by the pool, on the other hand, is delightfully impressive - a stark contrast. The lobster tail, divine. The snapper, finger licking good. The steak, not too shabby. Still, there are plenty of other places where you can eat within walking distance of the hotel so don't be lazy!

There's a nightclub within the complex as well. Nice couches, comfortable all 'round, until they turn up the music to painfully high levels. If you plan to stick around, wear earplugs. Then again, only if you don't mind the same four songs being played ad nauseam.

All in all, it's not a bad place to be and I'd be happy to stay there again. I just wouldn't fork out the cash to that woeful restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Artstar_ES
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Never eaten so much as during all you can eat sushi night. it was outrageous! Yummy
Swimming pool is with the nice view looking at the ocean.

You can be accomoodaten in old or new part- new part is really nice and modern though old- looks really 'soviet' style :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had the good fortune to stay at the Heritage while working in Honiara the staff are friendly and well trained.The hotel is 1st class. On arrival I was greeted at the front desk by a smiling local who ushered me through the process with no issues, the hotel overlooks the ocean and has all the facilities you would require from any holiday resort, gymnasium, function rooms and swimming pool, the rooms are well appointed and all rooms have ocean views. The restaurant is probably the best in Honiara and prices are competitive with other providers the one thing that sets the Heritage apart from other choices is the cleanliness and prompt service the staff are only too willing to offer any help to make your stay an enjoyable experience and coupled with the Solomon Islands climate I would recommend the Heritage as a must visit location while in Honiara.

Room Tip: Inquire about the Block 3 group of rooms I believe that area of the hotel offers privacy and seclusi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Shawry S
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My third visit to the outdoor pool restaurant was one of the worse experience in Honiara. The waiters and manager practically ignored me for at least five (5) minutes before setting a table for me, so I expressed my opinions to the general manager straight away; unfortunately the restaurant manager became very angry and asked me for why I wanted to see the general manager. Overall, please do not waste your money and time for lunch or dinner at Heritage Park Hotel in Honinara.

Unfortunately, the hotel provides very poor training to the restaurant staff for the past three (3) years. There is no evidence of service improvement since 2012.

Very very very service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Dennis M
Sanjay B, General Manager at Heritage Park Hotel Honiara, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Mr. Dennis,

It is regretful to note the poor experience you had at our poolside restaurant. We do run short of tables at times which leads to delays in guests being attended and having to wait. We are trying to increase capacity in the restaurant and hopefully shall be able to overcome the problem soon.

I hope the meal you had was enjoyable.

I am sorry we fell short of your expectations and hopefully the next time you are around you are able to experience positive changes which have been made.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit.

Kind regards,

Sanjay Bhargava

Also consider these accommodations in or near Honiara
Coral Sea Resort & Casino
Honiara Hotel
Honiara Hotel
#5 of 8 in Honiara
Evis Resort at Nggatirana Island

Been to Heritage Park Hotel Honiara? Share your experiences!