“Pleasant stay, new nicely decorated hotel”

Heritage Park Hotel Honiara
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Honiara
Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia
“Pleasant stay, new nicely decorated hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

Was great to get out of the Honiara heat to this hotel. Loved the iced facecloths on arrival. The rooms are nice, clean, modern and new, very comfortable beds.
The doors don't always lock automatically, so make sure to push the button in before shutting it behind you. As we were on the ground floor it might have been a bit of a security risk.
We were in the block between the pool and the terrace and it was occasionally a bit noisy from the band or events in the park next door but not enough to prevent sleep. The 'rascals' band was very good and enjoyable to unwind with in the evenings.
They had a nice pool and people who used it were very impressed with the gym.
Service as others have said is a bit slow but friendly and accomodating, better to go up to the bar to get drinks than to order from table etc...
Breakfasts were good, and others who had dinner said it was enjoyable.
Wireless Internet (bumblebee) was very unreliable when we were there, it was less frustrating to use the business centre, although there was a Honiara wide powercut for half a day which we didn't know about because of the generator in the hotel kicking in so swiftly, but it meant no internet in the business centre either for that time.
Its near the museum and only a short cheap cab ride (walkable but hot) to the market which is worth a look especially the seafood section.
Our meeting was in another hotel right next door and I was happy to be in the Heritage!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Raroliving

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Best offer in Honiara with friendly staff and a good restaurant. As Honiara is small it was a good surprise to find a hotel with international standards.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms arevexcelent
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Honiara
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

I had been living in a developing countries. I have a steak meal with my family for a special family celebration, the meal that i had was the truly worst that i ever had in my life in an establishment which purports to be above a fast food restaurant... The people were nice, the place is nice but the food was crap!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank BernieHoniara
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

I stayed at the Heritage Park last week - 2nd - 7th May, inclusive, and was generally impressed with the standard of the rooms, food and service.

My room was in block 2, facing directly onto the waterfront, and was always spotlessly clean. Unusually for hotels in Honiara, the quality of the towels and bedding was very good, the air-con worked well, and the wireless internet service (provided by telekom's bumblebee service) worked reliably and was reasonably priced compared to other Pacific Island destinations. Also pleasing to find I could use the leftover bandwidth credit at the airport on my way out....

The food at the restaurant was generally of good quality, except for the buffet breakfast, which was atrocious:- hot food is supposed to be hot, and in a buffet, plentiful. Unfortunately, it was neither:- lukewarm at best, and often the trays for the various items were empty. Ask for some more eggs, wait 15 minutes, and somehow they still seem to be lukewarm on arrival....

At Dinner, the food was good, service was always with a smile, if a little slow, and prices were reasonable.

Staff at check-in were polite and efficient, although given the open-air (no aircon) nature of the reception area, and the resulting heat and humidity, its not surprising that most of the uniforms looked damp, and the staff were visibly sweating. As was I....

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. On business, what I want is a secure, comfortable room with working air-con, plenty of hot-water in the shower, reliable connectivity, reasonable food and service, and a hassle-free experience. The Heritage Park provided all this, and will definitely be the first choice on my next visit to Honiara.

Hopefully, the other hotels in Honiara will improve their standards to compete with the Heritage Park, but I'm doubtful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank malfunction99
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

Clean, quiet and cool. In the hot hustle and bustle that is Honiara, The Heritage certainly gives you a nice place to escape to. So what if the occasional gekko runs across the ceiling or the Pizza takes half an hour to get to your table. Solomon islanders have very cleverly adjusted their pace to the oppresive weather and we could take a few lessons from them in this respect. Congradulations to all the staff and managers for running the best hotel in Honiara.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Rockdale, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

Decided to splurge out & treat myself after deciding that it appeared that I wasn't going to spend very much money on local tours [difficulty in booking any tours without being ripped off]. My first impression on arrival at the HERITAGE PARK HOTEL is god this looks posh for Honiara! I had looked at this hotel over the internet & at first I felt it appeared to be very expensive when looking at the the other hotel options in Honiara, With my last 5 day experience and staying at 2 other hotels without being that impressed with their service......then why not treat yourself! I had walked past the hotel a few times before sorting out my budget & making a positive decision to stay. On arrival at the large front desk & with it's large open plan, ceiling fans & comfy seats with newspapers to relax & read, the young guy behind the desk came over as being very polite & friendly with a professional manner, when I jokingly said I expected a reduced rate per night for 2 nights, he replied that's fine sir i'll knock 15% off, the normal rate, normal rate for one night 1,850.00 SBD & with the reduced rate it came to 1,572.00 SBD plus the 10% tax on top, after agreeing on the rate I completed filling out the form with personal details etc & they requested a copy of my passport [no problem]. I was helped by the same young man with my suitcase to room 212, he explained that if you wish to take any drinks from the fridge they would be charged to your room on checkout, & a complimentary bottle of water was given. when the young man left the room I couldn't help wonder why I just didn't stay here for the whole week [then I remember the word BUDGET! that's why I didn't stay! I was very pleased with my room, all looked rather posh after my last 2 episodes with the last 2 hotels & saga. I was informed by the hotel staff that the hotel opened in August 2009, I couldn't wait to try out the shower in the bathroom & with a good water pressure I suddenly felt rejuvenated, a great feeling when sitting on the loo & having the confidence that it's going to flush on the first attempt! I sat outside on my large balcony admiring the the ocean view, [the balcony was almost the same size has the main room] a great breeze from the top floor & you also felt you weren't being over looked & able to maintain a degree of privacy. A nice clean pool made guests welcome especially in the heat, the restaurant area is very clean & the food was of high quality, small shop selling every day items with some souvenirs, Internet available & a little slow. Appeared to have many security guards at night, pleasant walks at night around the ocean front with a smooth clean walkway, the grounds of the hotel is also very clean & with great lighting especially on the front with all the different coloured lights. I presumed that most of the guests were business people and not for your average back-packers with their restricted budget. B/fast was well presented & the evening meals were well cooked with a good choice on the menu, can't comment on the alcohol prices [don't drink beer etc]. Spent the 2 evenings either mixing with hotel staff & guests or calling in at the local yacht club [if you'd rather pay for a cheaper meal]. After my enjoyable stay for my last 2 days in Honiara I felt that the service was of high standard, the staff were extremely polite & went out of their way to meat your needs & comfort, my only reservation or negative comment is that I felt that with the rather expensive room rate breakfast should really be included, this is just a suggestion & i'm sure the professional management would consider this idea for future guests........keep up the great service & good luck to all the helpful staff & hope to see you all again sometime.......& many thanks for your warm welcome.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2010

Adfter a horrible stay at the Honiara Hotel last year I viewed my trip in May with some trepidation. I needent have worried, as the Heritage Park Hotel was fantastic, easily as good as many of the more rated establishments i've stayed at in Fiji and Samoa. I'd go back here any time

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honiara
King Solomon Hotel
#3 of 3 in Gizo
Rekona Lodge
Rekona Lodge
#1 of 5 in Gizo

Been to Heritage Park Hotel Honiara? Share your experiences!