“A home away from home...”

Cliffside Hotel Palau
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Koror
Boston
“A home away from home...”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Stayed at Cliffside in 2006 and enjoyed it so much, I had to come back. Would you believe it's even nicer the second time around? The staff and food are great and the views are majestic. I don't know how they came to pick this site but watching the weather blow through can be an event in itself. Everysone is so nice I can't say enough. I've never written a review here before but having had such a nice time, felt I was obliged to tell others. Even the poolside reste

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Michaelfox_mit1985

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay. Every day was a pleasure, from watching the sunrise on the balcony to having an evening drink at the poolside bar. Guests at Cliffside also have access to the amenities at The PPR, a short walk, or drive down the road.

The best amenity is the staff. Everyone was friendly. I really felt at home and missed them when I left. They made sure I had anything I needed, or wanted and provided shuttle service when I went out.

The balcony view is amazing. You can see most of Koror and even Babeldaob over the bay at the bottom of the lush hill.

I saw the negative reviews, but did not see the negative things they mentioned. I intend to go back someday.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
The Tropics
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I saw some of the negative reviews before I left for Palau and did not know what to expect. Perhaps they took those reviews to heart: my room was clean, no bugs to be seen at all during my stay. Staff was very nice and helpful. Restaurant inside the hotel so-so, the one by the pool has a great view. A/C worked and there was filtered water so I had no worries about using the tap. The shuttle from the airport was very appreciated!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Allemagne
Reviewed November 21, 2008

We spend 12 Nights at a Double Room in the Hotel and we liked them really much. The View over the Lagoon is really nice, the Room what we had are modern with Balcony and two King Size Beds. A good part was the Pooldeck with Jacuzzi, Shower and cool Cocktails.. We had a look also on the other Rooms, Cabana looks good with Jacuzzis in the Room and the smaller Rooms without a Balcony its a Room for a night but not for longer Stays.. Compare to the Hotels what I know in Koror is Cliffside one of the Best what you can get for the Price.. but not for People how needs Animation or private Buttlers..

• Stayed October 2008
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2008

Great food, the view is to die for, and the rooms are great!!!

• Stayed January 2003, traveled with friends
hawaii
Reviewed March 16, 2008

This hotel looks great online but has plenty of problems. We intended to stay 4 nights, but rushed to leave after the first night. Problems with roaches, filthy floors, hard beds, indifferent staff. Very basic and spartan rooms which aren't clean. Very mouldy odors. This place is rather pricey which might be worth it as the view is terrific, but the room is really not even comparable to the budget rooms in other hotels in Koror. They don't even provide basic amenities one might expect when paying $140 per night, such as some instant coffee, hairdryer, etc which other less pricey hotels in Palau provide routinely. Just not worth it. Also note that they have a 36 hr. cancellation policy and charge a full night's fee for any cancellation once you book. So watch out! Also, there is no elevator in case that matters to you although staff did help us with the luggage.

• Liked — view is good, but other better run hotels have the same
  • Disliked — filthy and spartan considering the price
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
6 Thank divergirl99

Travelers are raving about these Koror hotels

Micronesia
Reviewed March 11, 2008

I stayed at the Cliffside for one night of a 4 night business stay. Staff were friendly but the room for $120 was decidely subpar. It smelled terribly of mould and when i dimmed the light to sleep two huge roaches immediatley appeared. I killed one but the other got away. To avoid the escapee crawling over me while I slept I kept the light on all night. The room had no window that would open to clear the mould smell. I would expect this kind of room for $40 per night but not for $120. rating TERRIBLE!

• Stayed March 2008