I stayed here for 4 nights in May 2008. If you are on a budget and are just going to Palau to dive, this is not a bad choice since you will be spending most of your time out of the hotel anyway. Very minimal in terms of amenities but clean enough and convenient to the shopping center, restaurants and dive shops.
I guess I could stay here again but I would request a better room next time.
- Convenient location. Just off the main road with a supermarket below the hotel.
-Clean sheets and bathroom.
-My room (3202) had a strange smell and there was another strong smell from a nearby restaurant when the sliding door to the balcony was open. (One other room I saw was nicer and did not smell).
-Hot water ran out quickly every day.
-Air Conditioner was loud.
Compared to the West Plaza Downtown, this hotel seemed to be better located and a little quieter and cleaner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located near museums, restaurants and banks. West Plaza Desekel offers 30 rooms ranging from deluxe to standard accommodations. Located on the Hotel's ground floor is the Deskel Market, a full service grocery store complete with ice cold beverages, fresh local and imported produce and a large assortment of Western and Asian foods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your West Plaza Desekel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Plaza Desekel Palau, South Pacific