“Don't go there unless you wanna get biten by fleas”

Palasia Hotel Palau
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Koror
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed in Palasia hotels for three nights for business, the first night I landed after mid night, I just wanna go to bed and have a good sleep but unfortunately I got several bitten by don't know what kind of creature, I thought it was mosquito and I felt strange that the mosquito was in my quilt,I just opened my quilt to let it go but seems no mosquito at all.... here I have to mention the quilt of Palasia hotel, it is a very old style blanket,very old like 1980's and I only use that when I was a kid.....very itchy when touched the skin....and they don't put this blanket in some bedtick, they use two sheets, one on top of the blanket and one underneath the blanket, I slept under the sheet but still felt very itchy..... and still being biten, I could not slept until i guessed the bugs sucked enough of my blood.....I asked the house keeping to fumigate the room if they can, they used some smoke and it was better the second day....

However, when I am home now...I am having lots of bites on my legs now...same symptom, I went for doctor and its a bite from FLEA!!! Now i have to de-flea action... nightmare......

Its not cheap, I spend 135usd + 15% tax there and got fleas home....

For other service, i don't wanna comment too much because people already mentioned that no wifi, no free water.... , overall service is very old style, like 1990's ..... food is ok only

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank girls_li

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Palasia is in the middle of town, so you can walk to a few places easily. If you don't mind not being on the water like a few of the other resorts, then this is a very nice option. We had breakfast included with our stay, the staff were very friendly and we were able to get a great massage in the spa!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Heidadyda
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Couple caveats

1. If you have a hard time falling asleep, ask for room/rooms located on the opposite side of the main entrance. The windows are not soundproof.

2. The A/C is centralised, and it appears that the temperature dial does not work at wall; It does not shutoff unless you remove the key from wall slot. It gets noisy.

3. Decor looked worn out. Mattresses are too soft.

4. Don't expect too much with the hotel's F&B. The food is greasy, salty, and a few of them came straight out of the cans. I thought I had enough of that with dorm food but this place reigns supreme in terms of lack of taste, flavour, and presentation. Having said that, hygiene is decent. There are two decent coffee shops located nearby the hotel.

5. Free internet is available near the bar area. Internet speed in Palau is extremely slow. Count your blessings because there is no way around it. Posting a picture on FB will take a long while.

6. There are a few convenience/package stores nearby.

7. Tip your waitresses. It will promptly speed-up the service.

Room Tip: 1. If you have a hard time falling asleep, ask for room/rooms located on the opposite side of the m...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Palasia was our base for a scuba diving trip to Palau. I found the rooms to be a good size and the bed comfortable. The air conditioning worked well and meant the room was always nice and cool to come back to.

The two lovely ladies who worked in the bar were awesome beyond words. They knew us by name within a day or so, knew what we were all drinking, made a mean cocktail and certainly made our evenings entertaining. The hotel should be proud to have them on staff. If had based my review on the service these ladies provided it would have been a 5/5!

Unfortunately the hotel was lacking in a few areas. The pillows provided were small, lumpy and hard. I had to resort to using my bath towel as a pseudo pillow. As stated in other review of this hotel the breakfasts catered very much for the hotels mainly Asian clientele although there were the basic western breakfast elements (toast, cereal, bacon and pancakes).

Word of warning the wifi in the hotel (while free) was at times unusable because there were so many people trying to use it.

Overall not a bad place to spend the night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Since there is only a very limited number of taxis in Palau, it's of much help to stay at a central location. Close to supermarket and shops. We got nice seaview from our room. Spacious, clean and tidy. Yet food is average. Quite a number of counter staff can speak Putunghua, quite helpful. Palau is a great place to visit - amazing underwater world, the best snorkelling site that we have ever visited. Palasia provides a good base to marvel at all these natural wonders.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lamfamilyhk
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in Koror, Palau. The staff could not be more friendly or accommodating. Our group of 8 arrived on the United flight from Guam ... somewhere around 9PM. The staff was prepared, had the reservations, told us about the rooms, and had keys already made. The room was clean and bright. I did have to learn that you inserted a room key card in the slot near the door in order to operate the electricity in the room. Must be a European thing.

The water in Palau was not fit to drink from the tap. However, every floor has filtered water, hot and cold at the end of the hallway.

Breakfast was included in our trip plans. It is apparent that this hotel caters to Asians. Every breakfast was rice, rice noodles, tofu, soups, etc. To be fair, they also had pancakes or french toast, some sort of meat (ham slices, bacon, or sausage), and cereals for those not inclined to eat rice for breakfast. Not much fruit though. And, the breakfast juices were some version of Tang.

The rooms were clean and nice. Due to the constancy of humidity, the wallpaper was starting to loosen in the seams. Otherwise, the room was very nice.

The maid service was quick and efficient.

Be careful getting into the pool. The top 2 steps have no texture in the concrete. I slipped and sprained an ankle and bunged up my knee.

Yes, I would go back. The scuba diving in Palau has to be one of top spots in the world!

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor. It was above the major road in Palau, but very nice. Not too much road n...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank GeneW_Provo
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Two things, why let everyone smoke in the lobby & why such terrible internet service?? The rooms are a good size, clean with a 90's look & feel. Hotel restaraunt serves good food, nice happy hour at the bar with super friendly staff. Considering the package deal rates, the value of this hotel was good. They need to get rid of the smoke & step into the here & now with the internet and updated interior design.

• Stayed: November 2012