“perfect,romantic that u wont forgot the place”

Palau Pacific Resort
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Koror
phil.
“perfect,romantic that u wont forgot the place”
Reviewed February 10, 2009

its a very nice place they intertain u well,u really fell rlaxed especially in thier beach

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
square
Reviewed January 16, 2009

first off - i am a repeat guest here, so I have experienced previous hotel ownership (PanPacific). This was the best hotel a couple years back when I stayed with my family. since then PanPacific sold (probably pushed out Palau style). My stay this past week was nearly HORRENDOUS, if not for the beach. The hotel room was dirty, killed 2 roaches on night one. There was a insect (small bees) nest in the window seal of my balcony, so I couldn't use it the whole time (5days). The service was HORRIBLE all wround & it was consistent from the guests I met. Many people attended a political inaugration ceremony for the president of palau. Dignitaries and all who paid for 5 star but got shayte! There's a lot of sour faces from the workers who hate their customers.....some good, but majority are bad. Esp F&B service....TERRIBLE.

The bed was rock solid, & pillows same. The only thing going is that it has the nicest beach of the hotels around. Shameful.

The food was decent, but WAY overpriced. You have to pay for wireless internet access (allbeit 56k speed). In the past this was a free service to hotel room guests...not anymore! To top off this miserableexperience, they set me up with a taxi to the airport for $35 for a 20 minute ride! The cab was a pice of shayte! Try departing at midnight to the airport while raining & riding in a cab with no a/c and windows that go down but not back up, and complete exhaust fumes entering the car. My wife is asthmatic & we almost croaked on the way. Not to mention the driver insisted the windows stay up so we wouldnt get wet. He couldnt see wih the windows all fogged. CRAZY.

Palau is a GREAT place to go, but next time I will not stay at the PPR & I am encouraging everyone to stay away until they improve to 5 star standard OR lower their rates to meet the prevailing level of service (3 star). Go to Palau Royal or Cliffside instead. Free wifi access & much better service. MESULANG.

• Liked — beach is nce
  • Disliked — pice, service, value, accmmodation, taxi, bugs, bed, over priced food sucked
  • Stayed January 2009
5 Thank firestarter_guahan
Lower Heyford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2009

As a diver I was keen to dive in Palau, but knew nothing about the location - so did a search for a hotel on google. Came up with Palau Pacific Resort, and booked it. I am so glad I did. My stay was wonderful. The food was great, the service was outstanding, and it felt like I was in my own private place.

On the last day I spent the day in the spa, getting pampered and it was lovely.

If you are looking for a luxury location, and on not too tight a budget, then would recommend the Palau Pacific Hotel.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
1 Thank Lucles
san diego
Reviewed August 19, 2008

After reading some of the prior postings was a little leery about what we would find. Here to say our experience at PPR far exceeded our expectations!!! Highly recommend. After traveling 24 hrs. from California, so delighted to have such an oasis to stay at. Every member of the staff was welcoming and friendly. The resort is beautifully situated on a pristine white island beach with excellent snorkeling. We stayed in Suite 416 and rooms 413, 412 and 411. All spanking clean, fresh and right off the beach. Each were ground level, and you walk across a lawn area and then out to the beach. Close to the pool area but far enough away to have no sound issues. Stunning views for sunrise and sunset. Private. I have low noise tolerance, and slept like the dead. Loved the fragrant flowers at turndown. Tony, the grill chef was so accomodating at the breakfast buffet. Served up the most delicious waffles and french toast, with his famous smile. Wonderful selection at nightime buffet, but eat on the earlier side to have widest selection. Don't leave without trying their signature "Milky Way" cocktail. Great way to relax after a day of diving! We travel extensively, and are very discriminating. We highly recommend PPR and can't wait to go back. Used Sam's Tours and also highly recommend. Arson was our captain, Jim our divemaster, Nick our videographer and Malahi our amazing cook. Pickup every morning at the PPR pier, amazing time was had by all....not to be missed!~

Stayed August 2008
4 Thank fxationz
Houston, Tx
Reviewed July 5, 2008

We went to Palau in the fall of 2007 and stayed at the Palau Pacific in Palau.

Can't say enough good things aobu the hotel. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and take care of all your needs. The room was very nice.... not outstanding but great view and well appointed. The beach area was very pretty and usable. The food at the hotel resturant was excellent. If you want to try eating in town, I would recommend the Indian restuarant on the main street. The food was very very good.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank mergansertx
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 22, 2008

My husband and I went to Palau for our honeymoon and stayed at the PPR. It was truly lovely. The rooms are very nice and I found the beds and pillows to be comfortable and the room spacious. We booked a garden view room but were upgraded to an ocean view room at no charge. The hotel had a bottle of champagne waiting for us in the room and on the second night they left another small romantic treat for us in the room. The service at the hotel cannot be beat - from the moment we stepped off of the plane they took care of our bags, welcomed us at the desk (they greeted us by name before we even introduced ourselves) and took care of everything promptly and pleasantly.

My husband and I are big scuba divers and have seen a lot underwater and I have to say that the snorkelling at the hotel beach was amazing! Its better than scuba diving in some places we've been. The beach is peaceful with plenty of loungers and a nearby outside bar and snack place. For diving, we used Sam's Tours which was well run, friendly, picks you up each morning right at the dock of the PPR and has an excellent bar on site with poke, sashimi, local beer and other treats for after a long day of diving. I would definitely recommend them.

I really can't say enough good things about the resort and the island of Palau, wonderful!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
North Springfield, PA
Reviewed May 30, 2008

The rooms in this hotel are great. You could really just arrive with the cloths on your back and be at home. The room comes with everything from a shaving kit, toothbrush and paste, comb, etc... The beach and the snorkling off the beach are great. Use Sam's for you diving. They are the best on the island. The food is not very good at the resort. If you must eat there, eat lunch. There is a Thai restraunt nearby with free transportation to and from. Also, good food at Cramers, Penthouse, and Sam's.

• Liked — Beach and Rooms
  • Disliked — Food
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple