“Beautiful diving and excellent service!”

Palau Dive Adventures
Ranked #2 of 20 Tours in Koror
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Palau Dive Adventures, we offer small, flexible, flawlessly organized dive adventures. You choose the dive spots you want to see and we take care of everything else. Live-Aboard Adventures by day, shore based freedom and comfort at night. Our impeccably organized 5-day itinerary packs in 13 stunning dives (plus 2 land tour options) during the day, leaving you free to relax and enjoy the culture,conveniences and comfort of the island at night. Each trip begins on Monday and finishes up on Friday. Group size is limited to 10 guests per week and we have have 3 dive masters that guide in the water, so no matter what level you are, we can accommodate you. Book your trip now, before someone else does!
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had the good fortune of diving with PDA while on vacation for a week in Palau and it was a wonderful experience. Jason and Jaywinn were fantastic guides who gave clear and informative dive briefings that made potentially complicated dive sites like Blue Corner, New Drop Off and German Channel care free, relaxing and very enjoyable dives. They did an excellent job of looking after the guests from start to finish as well as underwater while still pointing out interesting marine life. Jason's skill was shown in full light as he brought as to a cleaning station at German Channel to observe mantas being cleaned as well as taking us in to the blue for feeding behavior. I had a wonderful exprience diving with them and would reccomend this operation to everyone.

1  Thank Adam S

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I worked with Jason on the Palau Aggressor for several years. He always spoke about opening a dive shop catering to small dive groups to get the most out of the diving in Palau. Last year he opened PDA and I applaued him for seeing his vision through. I went out diving for fun with Jason and a few of his guests and the small group is the way to go. The diving truly is ten times better with small groups and Jason is an excellent guide and fun guy to be around...keep it going J!

1  Thank jSchwindy
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had an excellent time diving with Palau Dive Adventures. This was the first real vacation my boyfriend and I have been on together and it was an amazing trip. The highlight of our trip was the incredible dives we went on with Jason and his crew. Jason knows what he’s doing. He was very good at explaining the dives sites to us and what our plan would be. He knew exactly when do dive each site and what some of the animals were likely to be doing at that time. We always seemed to be in a better spot than the other groups when we went to the more popular dive sites. Diving in a small group also meant that we were able to see everything; nothing swam away before we all had a chance to see or notice it! He also chose dive sites that catered to our tastes and interests. We really felt like it was our vacation, not someone else’s. He was very flexible and accommodating. He always asked us if we wanted to meet at the same time the next day or if we wanted to sleep in a bit! Sometimes we chose to sleep in. It was also very convenient to have the dive shop located in our hotel. This meant that if we wanted to snorkel for a bit after our dives we could drop our gear back off with him instead of taking it back to our hotel room. It also meant we could check in with him early in the morning (usually on our way to breakfast) and see what was going on or let him know if we were having any problems. Next time we're in Palau we're definitely diving with them again. I couldn't imagine diving with anyone else.

2  Thank Sullimeag
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Thanks gyus for a marvellous time diving with you. We look forward to dive with you next time we travel Palau!

1  Thank HildeBHansen
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of diving with PDA in late March 2013. We took a bit of a chance going with a startup shop, but soon realized this was the best way to dive Palau.

What initially drew us to PDA was the idea that at most there would be 10 divers on board. My wife and I have done a fair amount of diving, but we find that our most enjoyable dives have come with a smaller crowd and an attentive dive guide. PDA provided the small group feel we were looking for, and a top notch diving staff. As another reviewer stated, there were some minor glitches with administrative stuff on day one, but once we got started everything went smoothly, and their customer service was off the charts.

Our dive guide, Jason, has many skills, and I think I came to appreciate them more as the week went along. Jason truly understands the tides and currents and really sets the dives up for success. For example, he suggested that we take an extra long lunch one day to make sure that we hit the current at the best time for our 2nd time diving Ulong channel. Jason also did a great job of keeping us out of the way of the large groups of divers, while still hitting all the big dive sites like the Blue Corner, Blue Holes, and Ulong Channel. With the boat picking us up on the dock at PPR, we were able to get out to most sites before the crowds. Jason also seemed incredibly adept at locating excellent hook-in spots even if there were large groups of divers already there. Jaywin was very attentive both above and below water. My wife and I had never done reef hook diving, and were quite nervous before our first time. Jaywin made sure that we felt safe, and helped us the first couple times. By the end of the week, we were very comfortable hooking-in ourselves.

Another clear advantage of going with PDA was the worry-free storage of our gear. At the end of each day we were dropped off at PPR, and then Jason and Jaywin headed back to the shop to rinse our gear and store it. It was so nice to not have a wetsuit hanging in our hotel bathroom each night, and made it much quicker to get out to the first dive site the next morning.

Safety was always the top priority of the dive briefings. We clearly understood where we were going, what we were seeing, and what to look out for. We felt completely comfortable with the pace we dove at, and it was nice to know that Jason and Jaywin were always there if you needed them.

We had a great boat captain, Mitch, who was excellent at navigating the islands and selecting the pre- and post-dive music. The food was some of the best we’ve ever had diving, and the water bottles were an added bonus.

My wife would say I’m cheap, but I like to think that I try to find good value. While PDA is slightly more expensive than other dive operators, I think they provide much greater value. Customer service was excellent, and the small boat made it feel as if we were planning our own dive week. The staff provided excellent recommendations for restaurants, and even provided transportation services on land. I would highly recommend Palau Dive Adventures.

3  Thank CWallace31