“The hotel which I'd like to go again.”

Palau Paradise Hotel
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Koror
Seoul, South Korea
“The hotel which I'd like to go again.”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

In November I went for my 4th diving trip to Palau. Until now, I had always stayed at the top resorts in Palau. This time my dive shop suggested me to try Paradise Hotel.
I was a little skeptical because I had never heard of Paradise.
I looked it up on paradisepalau.com and Trip Advisor and was comforted to see all the positive reviews.

I was a little apprehensive at first, being my first time in an economical hotel.
I stayed in an ocean view room with kitchenette as the deluxe room I wanted was previously booked. To my surprise, the room was very spacious, surpassed the room amenities I expected, and was extremely, extremely clean.
My room even had cookies and an evening gown! The hotel just opened in January so everything is very new and clean.

The location is prime as every restaurant, coffee shop, and shopping center is within five minutes walk.
The front desk ladies were very courteous and friendly and made me feel very welcomed during my stay. I once called front desk to my room to assist me with the wifi access point on my portable and she entered my room after removing her sandals.
I have never experienced that kind of care and consideration for a guest in all my travels!

The room rates are a third of the rates I was used to paying at the top resorts and the room itself and amenities are comparable if not better. With all the taxi fares and room costs I saved, I did two extra dives and splurged myself at the eateries. The only drawback I can think of is that the hotel does not have a swimming pool, but who needs a pool when you are surrounded by the most beautiful ocean in the world!

I normally just browse reviews, but this is my first time writing one.
I just had to let my fellow travellers know of this great deal. I will be back again next year. Paradise Hotel is a place for those in the know!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank itumosong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tokyo
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed here for three days in August. This hotel had an outstanding staff. They were not only helpful, but very knowledgeable about Koror and the rest of Palau. The location is prime for going shopping in Palau (just 1 minute form the biggest grocery store in the country). If you enjoy diving and snorkling it is not far from many of the pick up points of docks. It is not a resort, but if you enjoy a laid back time in Palau, you will not be disappointed. The staff speak not only English, but Japanese, Korean and Tagalog. Give it a try!

ここのお宿泊はとても良かったです。

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank George B
Devonport
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Very clean, very comfortable, fantastic staff who are always available to assist and eager to help.  Fantastic location in the middle of Koror, very close to great coffee shop with free wifi.  The rooms have everything you need, and are extremely clean.  I stayed in a room overlooking the street, however it was reasonably quiet, great air-conditioning, the bathroom was very clean, two very large beds and still plenty of room.  Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank seenthis
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was working in Palau and stayed here for 4 1/2 weeks. So not surprisingly the Paradise Hotel Palau became my home from home for a while. The best thing - the staff ! They were friendly, helpful and overall an absolute delight.

I spent the first 3 weeks in a room on the 3rd floor. Although the hotel doesn't look too flashy from the outside, I can say that my room was very pleasant - newly refurbished and spotlessly clean. The room was at the rear of the hotel facing away from the main street of Koror, which meant that there was very little noise and also that I had a nice sea view.

The bed was confortable, even if the pillow a little on the firm side for me. The room had basic self catering facilities (gas ring, crockery and a sink for washing up etc), which was great because I didn't want to have to eat out every single day. The air conditioning worked well and the flat screen TV had a good range of cable channels, including English language news and lifestyle channels.

For the last 1 1/2 weeks I had to move to another room on the 4th floor, as the self-catering room had been booked previously. Although this room had not been so recently refurbished and was not set up for self catering, it was still very pleasant. Again the front desk staff went above and beyond, supplying me with a microwave oven so that I could continue to 'cater' for myself.

The location of the hotel in Koror is great if you are looking for somwhere central. There are a number of supermarkets within in a couple of minutes walk, where you can get pretty much anything. Also plenty of restaurants and cafes close by if you want to eat out.

The Paradise Hotel is a small family run hotel, which I think offers a good standard of accommodation for a very reasonable price. I am likely to return to Palau again on business, and will definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: Third floor for newly refurbished and facing away from the main street if you want quiet and a sea v...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Beanthere189
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I read the Japanese reviews here and they sounded good so I chose this hotel. And it was every bit as good as I expected, even better! The rooms are nothing fancy but they are certainly clean and spacious. The front desk ladies were extremely friendly as well.

We arrived in the middle of the night, and when I got up the next morning I was pleasantly suprised to find that from the window I could see a good chunk of the ocean. And they said nothing about an ocean view when I made the reservations! I recommend the rooms facing away from the main street, then from almost any room you'll get an ocean view.

Plenty of nice hot water in the showers, good location with WT Center right next door....everything was very satisfactory. When I go back to Palau I'll certainly stay with them again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple