“Great Staff & Boats (oh, and World Class diving)”
Review of Neco Marine

Neco Marine
More attraction details
Owner description: Neco Marine is a 5 Star PADI award-winning National Geographic luxury dive training facility. If you are thinking of diving or staying in Palau, consider us your first host. We have everything you need to enjoy and relax in Paradise. We provide daily dive tours, Free Nitrox up to 32%, Rock Island tours, boat charters, fishing, kayaking, snorkeling, land tours, PADI courses and specialties as well as Hotel reservations and free transfers. All these in the best conditions ever: the best service and facilities on the island. We provide Luxury diving in Palau for divers who care about Quality. Quality in service, quality in facilities. Experience Palau and its underwater with our professional and experienced staff. All dive tours include lunch and water, and all trips are guided by one of our multilingual PADI instructors and Marine Biologist. After diving you can relax and talk about your dives with your buddies next door at Drop Off Bar and Grill, which was built for the 2004 Survivor Palau film crew, while enjoying great burgers and fresh local fish or checking your emails with the free Wi-Fi. You can also enjoy our specially designed dive training pool (the only one in the island!) with hot water showers and restrooms. Neco Marine also features a large retail shop full of souvenirs and dive equipment.Neco Marine is also one of the few facilities in the world, and the only one in Palau, to actively run a Manta ID Project, offering a PADI Palau Manta ID Specialty course. Visitors taking this course will not only learn about mantas and how to identify individual animals, but also about how to position themselves underwater and be more aware of the animals and their movements so as not to disturb them. We are involved in a number of other conservation activities such as The" Mesekiu" Dugong Awareness Campaign, for dugong protection in Palau and The Jelly Fish Lake Threats Awareness Project. Our Passion is diving and our best reward is to share it with you!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Just finished a trip with NECO Marine. Five days of diving, one day of snorkeling (Jelly Fish Lake and Milkyway), and one day of a land tour on Peleliu (World War II Battle sites and recent damage from Typhoon Bopha). Fabio & Stevae were our dive masters on the different days and both are great. Boat Captains Nick & Logan were also wonderful about sharing their local knowledge and cultural stories. Jenny in the shop made sure the whole trip was smooth, including our stay with connected Cliffside hotel.

Divers know that Palau is a top 10 destination (top 3 for me). I think we had a bit of all it had to offer, even with the slightly reduced visibility given the recent super typhoon (2 weeks prior to our visit). Four mantas and a spotted eagle ray on one dive to German Channel. Amazing schools of fish on every dive. Lovely healthy hard and soft corals. The typhoon did damage on land to Peleliu (the island hardest hit), but we didn't see any damage underwater.

The Cliffside was a great fit for a dive hotel. Large rooms with tile floors, air conditioning, balcony, and breakfast was included in our package. Only downside is that it is a cab ride to food, sites, and the shop (NECO runs a clean, new set of shuttles to get you back and forth to the shop). Cabs are generally just 5 minutes away and $5-7 from place to place.

When we come back to Palau, and I hope we will, we'll certainly go with NECO Marine.

2  Thank EclecticE
NecoMarine, Public Relations Manager at Neco Marine, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Hi Terry! Many Thanks for your nice comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the effects of the typhoon didn't affect that much your dives. Hope to see you soon! Fabio said the visibility was back, by the way!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We only dived with Neco Marine, but having witnessed the other dive operators' facilities, boats, buses and equipment and having heard general feedback from others who had used other dive outfits, I don't doubt that they are by far the best dive outfit in Palau.

Our boat captain, Spyce, and instructor, Fabio, looked after us and our gear for 6 days. Full marks to them.

They have a decent shop, a pick up and drop off service, resident parrots and excellent bar and restaurant next door.

Recommended. Save yourself time and book with these guys.

1  Thank Arwin L
Neco M, Public Relations Manager at Neco Marine, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Arwin, Thank you very much for your nice comments! We are glad we made your stay in Palau wonderful!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Diving buddy and I stumbled on to Neco Marine and found the entire operation to be first rate. The marina is in excellent condition as are the dive boats, some of the few built specifically for diving. The boats are exceptionally well organized and allow divers to all enter the water at the same time. I dived twice per day for four days, never had more than 7 total divers excluding the guides.

Speaking of guides, we had Fabio for all 4 days, he's exceptionally knowledgeable as a dive master and familiar with all of the sea life. Fabio will assess your skill level on dive 1 and take you to appropriate dives for your skills and current weather conditions. When the weather turned bad, he still found some very interesting dives for us and finds both the large as well as very small animals on the reefs.

Neco may be a bit more expensive but it is worth it for the level of service provided. We got checked out with Nitrox also, something I'd highly recommend.

If you want highly competent skilled dive masters, great boats, well run company, this is it. Looking at the other companies with 10-15 divers per boat, I was glad we lucked out with this one.

2  Thank bikepch

bikepch, Thank you very much for your nice comments! We are glad we made your stay in Palau wonderful!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We've just come back from a 5 days diving (two dives per day) with Neco Marine.
The level of their service is really high: very competent and knowledgeable dive masters, big and comfortable boats, always diving in small group (we never had more than 5 divers on all our dives).
The dive sites schedule is personalized so we could go on the best divesites in Palau and even repeat the dives we liked more. Even the food on the boat is personalized: the day before diving you can choose from a menu!
Least, but not last, we appreciated the eco-friendly approach: no touching, no feeding fish!
Highly recommended.

1  Thank LinuxFox
Neco M, Public Relations Manager at Neco Marine, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Hi Fabio! Thank you very much for your comments! :)

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I chose Neco after very high recommendations & safety quality by a local expat who worked in Palau government. Turned out I was the only diver for 2 days- so had my own dive master, Stev-ah (sp?). Simply wonderful. First, Palau is gorgeous, with the warmest water. I'm always cold so I insisted on a wetsuit, which Stev-ah convinced me NOT to use on our first dive. He was right- we dove to 85ft. And I was always warm! Unbelievable to dive without a wetsuit- soooooo delicious. Neco and Stev-ah were 1st class-from hotel pickups (always on time), to dive briefings/explanations, delicious lunches, to fabulous dives. Turtles, lots of fish of various sizes, to beautiful coral, and tons of sharks. One dive included a 'shark party' of over 8 sharks almost within reach. Stev-ah didn't let me miss a thing, constantly pointing in various directions and holding those 'points' extra long in case I was looking elsewhere. Several times he was pointing with both hands- there is that much to see! He was very patient and educational as my diving skills were rusty. Special kudos to boat driver, Logan- big beautiful guy with a million dollar smile and kindness to match. He treated me to a boat ride par excellence! Neco's has a beautiful swimming pool with a bay view I was free to use; & their restaurant, Drop Off, served great food. Try the fish or pizza- delicious. Thanks, Neco's!! I'll be back...

Hi Linda, thank you very much for your comments, we really appreciate you took your time to rate us. Hope to see you soon!