“Buccaneer Adventures Niue Dive - the best dive shop we've found”

Buccaneer Adventures Niue Dive
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are Niue's original diving and water sports specialist dedicated to making your holiday unforgettable. We offer a wide range of activities to suit all ages. Our tours include: Scuba Diving, Freediving, snorkelling trips, SSI dive courses, from beginner to Instructor, Stand Up Paddleboard hire and lessons, Inflatable kayaks for hire, Kids Club, Swimming with the Humpback Whales and Spinner Dolphin Interactions. Located next door to the only resort in Niue Scenic Matavai Resort in the village of Tamaukautoga, overlooking the ocean. As we are a small business our spaces fill up quickly and pre-booking is highly recommended to avoid the disappointment of missing out.
Reviewed July 20, 2016

The team at Buccaneers are professional, warm, friendly, welcoming and attentive! You will experience a dive or snorkel adventure with safety, excitement, and dive in excellent conditions. Dan, Jess, Tom and the gang will look after your diving needs, assist you if necessary with your gear, and have the dive boats that will ensure that you get individual treatment diving in small groups to the best dive sites for the conditions. My friend and I visited this June/July and are totally impressed with this operation. The owners Krystal and Shannon have set high standards and Dan ensures this is delivered. We have been to a few other Pacific destinations and this outfit has surpassed all others.

Date of experience: June 2016
"return visit"
"humpback whale season"
"pristine waters"

Reviewed July 10, 2016

We had an amazing afternoon out with Buccaneer Adventures. We booked a snorkeling trip, but ended up spending more time swimming with the dolphins. It was AMAZING!!! They take you out and find the dolphins, which took us maybe 20 minutes. Then two people flip off the side of the boat and the dolphins are right there. Seriously had 5 or 6 dolphins swimming within 5 feet of you. It was an adventure that we will never forget. We then went snorkeling where we saw a turtle, sea snakes, and lots of colorful fish. I wish I could remember the names our our guides as they both did a great job. These guys know the island, where the marine life is and do a great job taking care of their guests. Thumbs up!

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank tjegger
Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

We did 2 days of 2-tank dives with Tom and Dave as guides. Surging sea limited dive site choices on first day.
Every dive had something amazing. Cave dive was a new experience.
Water clarity was very good
Niue Dive use rubber duckies carrying 4 divers plus guide. Easy exit but boarding requires some effort!

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Wonderone1
Reviewed June 9, 2016

I have been all over the world for diving. This guys like really. They are NOT professional at all.
I only reason why I went to Niue for the whale (we Emailed few times before i go to Niue, please see below). but according to them the Ocean is too rough. I understand, we cannot control the nature but they can go to snorkeling trip. ??? N$90, bit expensive but ok, lets try.
Launch the boat, took long time (like most unprofessional way I ever seen in 25 years diving experience. ) 2.5H tour we were in water for 50 min.
The girl who drove the boat by her self, she start working few weeks ago with this company there were no other crews. when we arrive snorkeling spot, i could easily swim from the shore.
During a snorkeling. She anchored the boat and after we went to water she was start chatting with person on the boat next to her boat. She was NOT watching snorkeler AT ALL. no attention no nothing. No snorkeling instruction, no explanation of the area either before the enter the water.

Like i said. This guys MOST UNPROFESSIONAL dive shop I ever seen.
I was so disappointed $90 snorkeling tour.

Whale swimming. they explain to me when i get a shop. there is not much chance to see the whale in the water even weather is getting better. which I understand its wild life BUT if you said "there is not much chance to see the whale in the water." don't even advertised whale swimming!!!!! You should say, snorkeling tour maybe you will see whale if you are lucky!
On the email they never said that point. it is force advertise too.

Date of experience: July 2015
5  Thank BlueHaupia
See more reviews
Reviewed June 1, 2016

We called in at 1230pm and wanted to book for paddleboarding that day for our group of 4. The low tide was from 1pm but were told that we would have to wait and book for the next day. We paid our money and were told to meet at 1pm the next day.
Unfortunately one of the group ended up falling on a walk to Togo Chasm later that afternoon and badly cutting her leg and shin. We went to the hospital at 4pm and she had 6 stitches put in. We then headed to mini golf and got Mark to call the Dive centre to let them know that only 3 of us would be able to participate.
We were told when we arrived the next day that there is no refund as we did not give 24 hours notice. Hello we did not even book within 24 hours so that was not possible. The paddleboarding was good, our instructor very good. However the whole policy of this business put us off booking a diving tour with them and we would suggest using the other dive centre in town for this.
I feel that our friend could of been offered a discount on another tour or at least half her money back.

Date of experience: May 2016