“MOST UNprofessional dive shop at all.”
Review of Niue Dive - CLOSED

Niue Dive
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are Niue's original diving and water sports specialist dedicated to making your holiday unforgettable. We offer a wide range of activities to suit all ages. Our tours include: Scuba Diving, Freediving, snorkelling trips, SSI dive courses, from beginner to Instructor, Stand Up Paddleboard hire and lessons, Inflatable kayaks for hire, Kids Club, Swimming with the Humpback Whales and Spinner Dolphin Interactions. Located next door to the only resort in Niue Scenic Matavai Resort in the village of Tamaukautoga, overlooking the ocean. As we are a small business our spaces fill up quickly and pre-booking is highly recommended to avoid the disappointment of missing out.
Reviewed June 9, 2016

I have been all over the world for diving. This guys like really. They are NOT professional at all.
I only reason why I went to Niue for the whale (we Emailed few times before i go to Niue, please see below). but according to them the Ocean is too rough. I understand, we cannot control the nature but they can go to snorkeling trip. ??? N$90, bit expensive but ok, lets try.
Launch the boat, took long time (like most unprofessional way I ever seen in 25 years diving experience. ) 2.5H tour we were in water for 50 min.
The girl who drove the boat by her self, she start working few weeks ago with this company there were no other crews. when we arrive snorkeling spot, i could easily swim from the shore.
During a snorkeling. She anchored the boat and after we went to water she was start chatting with person on the boat next to her boat. She was NOT watching snorkeler AT ALL. no attention no nothing. No snorkeling instruction, no explanation of the area either before the enter the water.

Like i said. This guys MOST UNPROFESSIONAL dive shop I ever seen.
I was so disappointed $90 snorkeling tour.

Whale swimming. they explain to me when i get a shop. there is not much chance to see the whale in the water even weather is getting better. which I understand its wild life BUT if you said "there is not much chance to see the whale in the water." don't even advertised whale swimming!!!!! You should say, snorkeling tour maybe you will see whale if you are lucky!
On the email they never said that point. it is force advertise too.

4  Thank BlueHaupia

Reviewed June 1, 2016

We called in at 1230pm and wanted to book for paddleboarding that day for our group of 4. The low tide was from 1pm but were told that we would have to wait and book for the next day. We paid our money and were told to meet at 1pm the next day.
Unfortunately one of the group ended up falling on a walk to Togo Chasm later that afternoon and badly cutting her leg and shin. We went to the hospital at 4pm and she had 6 stitches put in. We then headed to mini golf and got Mark to call the Dive centre to let them know that only 3 of us would be able to participate.
We were told when we arrived the next day that there is no refund as we did not give 24 hours notice. Hello we did not even book within 24 hours so that was not possible. The paddleboarding was good, our instructor very good. However the whole policy of this business put us off booking a diving tour with them and we would suggest using the other dive centre in town for this.
I feel that our friend could of been offered a discount on another tour or at least half her money back.

Reviewed May 30, 2016

What an afternoon. What an experience. We were kitted out in wetsuits, snorkel & goggles, flippers & off on the back of a truck we went to launch at Avatele. The boys certainly know what they are doing & had the dolphins frolicking around us in no time. Then overboard I jumped hanging on to a rope & handle which towed me along side the boat. I had 5 dolphins swimming right beside me! & under me. After we all had several turns & the dolphins lost interest we then motored over to the Coral gardens where we snorkeled amongst tropical fish & beautiful coral. I highly recommend this experience.

Reviewed April 30, 2016 via mobile

So have done a bit of diving around asia and the pacific and have to say these it's run a smooth operation, with a focus on safety, as on a number of dives conditions were not optimal for the chosen sites for the day, and always have a back plan. the diving in Niue is fantastic, some of the best vis I have ever seen experienced. Oh and I had the privilege of snorkelling with dolphins. Overall an awesome experience I hope to repeat. Thanks Dan, Jess and Tom for making everything so easy!!