“Glass Bottom Boat Tour - Niue Dive”
Review of Niue Dive - CLOSED

Niue Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Niue's diving and water sports specialist dedicated to making your holiday unforgettable. We are the only business in Niue with a wide range of activities to suit all ages. Our tours include: Scuba Diving, Freediving, snorkelling trips, Glass bottom boat tours and SSI dive courses, Stand Up Paddleboard hire and lessons, Inflatable kayaks for hire, Kids Club, Swimming with the Humpback Whales and Spinner Dolphin Interactions. Located next door to the only resort in Niue Scenic Matavai Resort in the village of Tamaukautoga, overlooking the ocean. We cater to singles, couples, groups and families. As we are a small business our spaces fill up quickly and pre-booking is highly recommended to avoid the disappointment of missing out.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

What a great tour this was to do. As i can't dive or snorkel very well i really wanted to enjoy seeing what the divers and snorkellers do so this was the best way to do it. We had a great tour guide who was entertaining, knowledgable and delightful. As an added bonus we got followed by a pod of spinner dolphins for awhile which was entertaining. Unfortunately we didn't get to see our guides friendly?? shark 'Nibbles' but we sure heard all about him. We didn't have the best day weatherwise for this tour but it was still great and would definitely do it again

1  Thank Lynnaire J

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We booked on the snorkelling/swimming with the dolphins trip and were not disappointed. There are a max of 6 on the boat and two in the water at any time. You hold onto a rope on the side of the boat and have several turns going into the water. Because the boat is moving (not super fast) you have the chance to keep up with the dolphins and sometimes they're just in front of you, while other times swimming down below you. Due to the fantastic clarity of the water the view is great either way, just different. The guide was fun and made sure that everyone got the opportunity to go into the water. Following this we snorkelled outside of the reef for around 30 mins and that was also excellent. There were divers down below us in addition to a multitude of fish and of course the mandatory sea snakes. We even came close to seeing whales, but unfortunately they had disappeared by the time we arrived where they were supposed to be (we did see some later on in the trip). Niue dive is I believe the only dive company on the island and everyone I talked to who did trips with them, be they snorkelling, diving, or swimming with the whales, only had good things to say :-)

Reviewed August 13, 2014

It is the only diving shop on the island, but they do great job and guides are very nice. I did couple dives with them. Visibility is very good, corals still didn't recover after last hurricane yet, so don't expect any nice coral formation, but I wanted to see sea snakes and saw plenty of them :)

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Appreciate that Niue Dive juggled their schedule to accommodate my wife and I after other guests bailed. The snorkelling can be challenging to access on Niue without perfect weather and calm seas. Once on the boat though, we had beautiful snorkelling and saw a tonne of sea snakes. Would have loved to have seen whales but none passed by our entire stay on the island. Did get the sense had there been whales, Niue Dive would have had us swimming with them in no time...

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had the fortune to accompany my Nephew on a Try Dive experience. an experienced diver myself it was still good to go back through the basics in the Matavai pool in prep for the sea dive. The two instructors were awesome and easy to understand. The sea dive was off the Alofi landing in Crystal clear water like I have not experienced before... The team are patient and have good humpor..The sea snakes are crazy.
The highlight for me though was the swim with the spinner dolphins...getting towed through the water right in the middle of the pod with 80 mtr plus visibility was surreal! I have seen 1000's of dolphins over the years but there is nothing like being up close and personal. Lance the guide was a good dude and added to the experience. Thanks Niue Dive!