“Pristine Diving”
Review of Niue Dive - CLOSED

Niue Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Niue's diving and water sports specialist dedicated to making your holiday unforgettable. We are the only business in Niue with a wide range of activities to suit all ages. Our tours include: Scuba Diving, Freediving, snorkelling trips, Glass bottom boat tours and SSI dive courses, Stand Up Paddleboard hire and lessons, Inflatable kayaks for hire, Kids Club, Swimming with the Humpback Whales and Spinner Dolphin Interactions. Located next door to the only resort in Niue Scenic Matavai Resort in the village of Tamaukautoga, overlooking the ocean. We cater to singles, couples, groups and families. As we are a small business our spaces fill up quickly and pre-booking is highly recommended to avoid the disappointment of missing out.
Coolangatta, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Pristine Diving”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were a group of three friends, we dived on reefs, in caves, up crevaces, we dived in pristine waters with snakes, fish of all sizes, lobsters, we snorkelled with whales and dolphins....what could be better than that.
Great service, great local knowledge, great seamanship..
Cheers

Visited October 2012

Rangiora, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“'Tried It All.."”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First time to an island so wanted to try it all. First trip was the the whale watch and swimming with the dolphins. Unfortunately we were not one of the lucky ones for this trip and didn't see anything. We were warned in advance that it was the time of year where sitings were not that frequent. Had an exhilarating 25 min dinghy ride over the crashing waves as they were told the whales had been sited in Alofi harbour. Had to hold on for dear life. Was sore the next day but it was worth it to feel alive! We stopped and snorkelled over bubble cave (I think) and that was the first time snorkelling for me in an ocean and although a little nervous I was also excited. Due to the clarity you could see so deep down and there was an abundance of chasms and caves and a variety of fish and sea life I had never seen before. Took a while to get used to the fact that the extremely venomous sea snakes cannot hurt humans and for some reason a couple of them followed me around! Really enjoyed that experience. The next was learning to dive. Shannon was my instructor and was very friendly and professional. I didn't like the" big dig deep recommendation to snort and cough up the greenest booger from ones nasal passages" with Shannon showing me how first in the resort swimming pool, as this was apparently the best way to keep your mask clear. I still cringe to this day. I would recommend using a small amount of de fogger which was used out on the dive. I wasn't able to complete the dive as my mask kept filling up and I totally freaked out. I realized now I have severe chlostrophobia and could not handle the breathing apparatus and was convinced I was going to drown. For me, it all felt very rushed through to complete and tick off all the stages and although I thought I was ready, I realized once in the big deep ocean, that I wasn't. I decided that day to stick to snorkelling. Shannon understood in the end and inflated my BCD to full capacity so I could float as was panicking. My ribs were extremely sore the next day so I guess that is to be expected. At the end Shannon gracefully bowed out and acknowledged my "No Way Not for Me Thank You" and took me snorkelling around snake gully. Saw heaps of those cute little snakes again. The highlight after feeling immense failure and disappointment was getting to swim alongside the dolphins. They turned up on our way back...almost as if to comfort me and say "welcome to our world...it's ok..you tried...." We slipped back into the water and put our masks and snorkels on and held onto the rope on the side of the dinghy and it just cruised along towing us beside it. The dolphins came really close and it was a dream come true. Because of the clarity I could see them swimming even far away plus I felt I could see all the way to the ocean floor. Unforgettable!! I love you Niue and your incredible ocean. Thank you Niue Dive for making it possible.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Julzio
Krystal H, Owner at Niue Dive, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Hi Julz
Thanks for the post, and we are glad we could get you in with our little dolphins. I Just want to clarify a few of your comments though.

Your comment about the "green snot" or as we say "greener the cleaner" is intended as a joke to lighten the mood for nervous people. I am surprised that you were so offended by it, and still cringe to this day about. Obviously if you are clearing your mask with "green snot" you have a sinus, chest or throat infection, and so SHOULD NOT be diving! I will just note though...... your mask did not fog up!!!
We also too an hour extra in the pool for you, so i fail to see how the program was "rushed". You were the only person on this program, so we went at your pace.

As for the dive, the problem, as we discussed, was not the mask or equipment, and you told me that you had convinced yourself you couldn't do it before we started. It takes a lot for me to give up on a student, but unfortunately i could not alter your mindset once it was made up. If your ribs were still sore after the dolphin/whale trip, i should have been informed when you signed your medical declaration, and steps would have been taken to minimize discomfort!

I do however hope that Rami enjoyed his few dives with us, and look forward to one day seeing you guys back up here, and perhaps i can have another go at getting you underwater (without the "snot" jokes this time).

Best Fishes
Shannon Hunter
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I did the snorkel trip with Shannon. In honesty I hadn't been holding out to go swimming with the Spinner Dolphins but it ended up being the highlight of our wonderful week in Niue. The complete operation from briefing, gear fitting, managing different peoples needs and competencies were all handled to the highest professional standards. No she'll be right attitude here. Frankly I don't think they could have done a better job. I haven't stopped telling people about it since I returned home!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Fraser G
Wellington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Just excellent”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Single best thing we did on Niue hands down! 6 of us went out (& Shannon) on snorkelling/dolphin trip. Saw heaps of dolphins - they love boats so when you are in the water being pulled gently along, they swim around/ahead of the boat. If they've had enough, they swim away so the dolphins are very much in control of their own environment. Shannon was very safety conscious & briefed us well. We also went to snake gully snorkelling & enjoyed this too. Wetsuits were great - extra bouyancy for us scardy cats - but nothing to be scared off - safe, fun & once in a lifetime trip to be near the dolphins - loved it.

Krystal H, Owner at Niue Dive, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Hi Anna
Thanks for the Comments. We're glad we could get you out, and that you enjoyed it so much. If i remember right, you ticked beginner for your "swimming ability" but once you got out there, you seemed to forget all about the fact you were scared! Im glad we could be part of introducing you to the water world!

Best Fishes and hope we SEA you soon!
Shannon Hunter
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We did the snorkel trip. What a great experience! Shannon was professional, patient and enthusiastic. It was safe, fun and easy to manage, even with some mobility problems. The dolphins were amazing and there was very little risk - either to us or the dolphins! An absolute must if you're in Niue end worth every cent.
Peri. Christchurch, NZ