“Just delicious”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: TEMPORARILY CLOSED Reopening Friday, March 31
Reviewed July 13, 2019

I came to Noumea for work for 2 weeks. After struggling to find decent food in overpriced and unimaginative tourist spots, I found this gem not far from my hotel. And I’m so glad I did.
I have been twice. The first night I had the fish dish. As some other posts say, there was a lot on the plate (perhaps too much) and a lot going on in terms of elements but the fish was cooked perfectly and the accompanying sides were all delicious.

Tonight I’m half way through the beef. It’s so delicious, rustic, tender and flavoursome that I had to put down my fork (that’s all you’ll need to eat it!) to write this review.

Again, there’s probably a little too much going on on the plate with 5 or 6 sides all rubbing shoulders but wow, the beef. So tender. Matched with a delicious Bordeaux. I’m already anticipating what I’ll order when I return later in the week.

I haven’t tried a dessert (yet) but the menu looks inviting (even though it’s all in French and I only speak a little). The staff are super friendly and attentive without being overbearing.

If you’re in the area you should def give it a go. Certainly beats the food at the (rather swanky) hotel I’m staying at. Yum.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (332)

Reviewed June 18, 2019 via mobile

Service was good and atmosphere ok. The plate was very disappointing. Too many things happening in the plate and no actual taste. Children menu quite expensive too. Overall not a very good experience.

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

Delicious meal in a lovely garden setting
Great service, friendly staff.
Short walk from Le Meridien, slightly off the main road

Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

Both of us love discovering new food and the place we were walking to Miretti Gascon) was closed. The Edzen is located less than a block away from there. We went in for a long lunch. We looked at the daily menu and we were puzzled by the amount of different components comprising each dish. We simply picked the 2 fish dishes in the end. Once the food arrived, we were blown away by the creativity of the dishes. It took us off guard. Not only were the fishes super fresh, but the dish composition was like 10 little parcels of different flavours. The pandanus leaf extract crepe and piment d’espelette ice cream were 2 standouts for us. Everything was bold and delicious. As seems to be customary, the portions are very copious. I managed to find room for dessert, a memorable fresh chocolate nem with raspberry and kinder chocolate.

Service throughout was courteous and evenly paced. Great job by the staff. We had to have a nap afterwards due to our gourmand eating, well worth it!

A must visit table in Noumea.

Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

Friendly staff, able to translate French menu, with a handful of delectable options! Children’s menu options available.

Date of visit: May 2019