All reviews washing machine tea towel two bedroom apartment small shop anse vata beach reception staff sharp knife minute walk main bedroom fantastic views great balcony scheme of things baguette limited french sole restaurant strip beach towels
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

This is a good location close to 2 beaches, restaurants, aquarium. The rooms are dated and showing their age, it has cooking facilities but limited options to cook no saucepans or frypans. Taps/shower heads in bathroom needed replacing and their was noise on Saturday and Sunday nights from nightclubs below. Think there is better value elsewhere it was Easter and the value was not reflected in the price. Would not stay their again, thought the reviews were overrated

1  Thank Sharport67
Reviewed April 20, 2019

First disappointment occurred on check in - pool is under maintenance. This caught us by surprise - according to reception staff a note was posted on their web page, but since we booked few months ago we would not know. Manager was very nice and apologetic about it and we’ve been offered a free breakfast as an apology.
(FYI breakfast consists of a fried egg, croissant and a cup of coffee)

Once we entered the apartment we were greeted by the strong garbage-like odour. After making a complaint we were given another room with less exciting view but no smell.

Both appartments we got to see were equally dated.

Kitchen was not stocked with either tea or coffee (ok we arrived at 8PM and all the shops are closed; how hard is it to have 3 tea bags available for your guests after their long journey? Seriously, even the cheapest motels have tea bags). We had the smallest ice tray in the world sitting in the freezer empty - so no hot or cold drink for you to enjoy - Bingo. Should I even mention there is no mini bar (no drinking water or soft drinks). Strangely there was no water glasses in cupboards either - only tea cups and wine glasses (boiling water or tap, madame? mmm aren’t I spoiled).

Another thing that I find quite unusual was absence of any kind of information. You know those brochures that usually sit beside the phone in every single hotel - with little handy info on what services are available for the guests, restaurant suggestions etc? Well there was none of it…like nothing and most annoyingly - no WiFi (ok there is one - you just have to pay extra to be able to use it).

Bathroom had bath towels and floor mat, no hand towel, no face towel. We had 4 bottles of shampoo and 4 pieces of soap provided. Don’t know if I m not reasonable but being a female I m used to having hair conditioner and body lotion when I stay in hotels around the world.

Other observations I d like to mention - guests are allowed to smoke on the balcony, however no ash tray is anywhere to be seen. Our laundry came with washing machine but no laundry powder. Both bedrooms had air conditioning units installed but there was only one remote control available (hmmm so if I wake up in the middle of the night and need to adjust the temperature am I supposed to go and wake my family while getting the remote out of their bedroom or vice-versa?)

On our second day at 8:50 we received a phone call advising that there was a noise complaint. Just to be clear - the noise we had was the music that we were listening to while cooking dinner - not having a party or anything like that and considering it was not even 9 PM we all found it quite odd.

Evening reception staff were very sweet and professional. Morning team however had such a limited english it was very difficult to even explain that we are looking for pharmacy.

Considering we had some sort of a deal when we booked this accomodation overall it was ok, but if we were paying its full price I believe this whole experience would be heartbreaking.

In a nut shell: fantastic view, lovely staff, great location. Otherwise quite disappointing so unless view is enough for you I d rather stay elsewhere.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for a week in a one bedroom apartment.
On the plus side:
Brilliant views from our balconies which led off the lounge and bedroom
Location location location, a 5 min walk to the far ends of Anse Vata and Lemon bay beach’s and bars
Friendly service
There is a small shop with the necessities located next to the entry at reception... you will need this.
On the minus side;
NOT a serviced apartment, that service will cost you an extra 2000 francs per day $26
One set of toiletry products, and you buy the rest, soap, toilet paper, towels.
No dish liquid/ powder or clothes washing powder.
ONE key only for the apartment, ONLY, not great if one of you wish to go out as the front door lock didn’t latch and if you lock it your stuck inside.
The dishwasher didn’t work
Took 3 days and 3 requests to get the safe unlocked
The air con was unequal to the task of cooling 2 rooms, even though it only got to the mid 20’s when we were there. The west facing windows were huge to let in the view, but also the afternoon sun. Blockout blinds were great, and necessary.
Wifi was not free, $48 for the week
No in-house movies only free to air, normally not an issue, but being a French speaking country TV all in French obviously.
Both pools were out of action due to “storms”. Nope, out of action due to lack of maintenance as the timber fencing has rotted away, in the 7 days we were there two tradies had completed 30% of the repairs, Island time not such a positive in this case.
Breakfast was an extra $181 for the week, not a drama, but you have to go to an adjoining room outside of the units on the ground floor, get a receipt from the shop then go to the next room, present said ticket then grab your croissants and drinks. We were there for a week, gets tedious real quick.
The staff are very polite, as you would expect for teenagers who run the reception. Great kids but really ??
If I’d known the negatives beforehand, I’d have searched for somewhere else in the price range with inclusions.
All in all pleasant stay but could be much better.
Cheers Craig

2  Thank Craig L
Reviewed April 9, 2019

We had a gorgeous one-bedroom apartment, with a huge balcony and fantastic views of bay and ocean. It was hard to tear ourselves away from the comfy loungers and view.
Our bedroom also opened on to the balcony so could lie in bed and enjoy the outlook.
The apartment had a full kitchen and Casa del Sol has a little shop with most essentials, particularly good croissants and baguettes.
The team on Reception were without doubt the kindest and most helpful people, tolerating my incessant and mangled 'French' questions and giving me answers in English - nothing was too much trouble.
Great location, with about 20 bars and restaurants very nearby, while it didn't worry us light sleepers might need to be aware that the fun goes till early hours of morning over the weekend.
Totally recommend Casa del Sol.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Seaside03224656059, Responsable réception at Casa del Sole, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us.
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Casa Del Sole Nouméa and the reception team could help you anytime. It is our goal to provide our guests with a value for money experience every time.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us, and we hope to see you in Nouméa again soon!
Best wishes,
Lucie, Casa Del Sole

Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Firstly, you have to pay for wi-fi which I find surprising these days. If the local cafes can provide free wi-fi, it’s surprising that this hotel doesn’t. About $16 a day, or $28 for 7 days. No hair conditioner, body wash, shower cap, hair dryer, body lotion, face washer, tea towel, washing up liquid or washing powder. On the plus side, it’s location, location, location. Our one bedroom apartment was spacious but not serviced at all. Great balcony which I would’ve loved to spend some lazy hours on but couldn’t spend any time on there because of the unceasing wind. It’s probably good value in the scheme of things though. Everything in NC is very expensive. I don’t know how the locals can even afford to eat here.

Date of stay: January 2019